Lick This Spun out last night!!!!! >

Lick This Spun out last night!!!!!

Notices

Lick This Spun out last night!!!!!

Old 05-28-2002, 12:38 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audiofn - you are correct with both the original speeds and setup being so critical. As everyone on this board is aware, the difference between safe handling and faster speeds is a very fine line when it comes to x-dimension, prop diameters, etc. I suspect this may have been a contributing factor with this weekend's incident at LOTO. Obviously there were many changes made to pickup 40 +- mph since new and handling had to suffer somewhere.
Old 05-28-2002, 12:44 PM
Registered

Sounds like it must have been quite a sight. Either way, mechanical failure, girl on the lap hitting neutral, or driver error, Let's all take a moment and thank the boating gods that everybody onboard is still here to talk about it.
Old 05-28-2002, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RiverGirl
[B]46' Skater .... twin 1600 sterlings w/ #6 drives... the buz is said to be up to 180mph...inclosed ... five seats, gullwing like doors.....

LICK THIS HAS 1300 STERLINGS, NOT 1600 HP MOTORS!!!STERLING DOESN'T MAKE 1600 HP MOTORS!!!!!!!!!! (I called them) The boat hasn't come close to 180MPH yet...
Old 05-28-2002, 02:12 PM
Charter Member #1528

Thank you for the correction KiloKat.....
I didn't know exactly what Chris has...I have heard sooo
many different descriptions of the boat.
I was making my statement from multiple postings on the board...
I assumed would be accurate.

What do I know...I'm just a girl anyway..

Thank You again, KiloKat.

MJ.
Old 05-28-2002, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So...... This is the "Lick this" boat from California? I wish I would have seen it!
Where was it being kept at?

Was he over at Bob Morgan's?

Where they with you KiloKat? or were they in town to see if they could keep up with you? I dought they could!
We saw your boat at the cove next to the Bud yacht!! Man, what an awsome display of big hardware!!
Old 05-28-2002, 04:03 PM
Registered

That boat gets around. I have seen this boat way out here (west). It was claimed that he was doing 165 in the wee hours of the morning on Lake Havsu about a month ago. Past my 27 fever live a row boat.
Old 05-28-2002, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Heres another thread about this boat........

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...threadid=20379

The guy lives in Arizona not California, and as I recall Rivergirl has seen this boat in person close up (according to the pictures she had posted)

Just a couple of comments....
Whether it was driver error or mechanical failure, who cares as long as everyone on board was ok and for that matter this gorgeous boat is ok! Everyone has shown off one time or another, it happens. I sure as hell would've been running it fast in front of everyone at the bar and I would enjoy seeing someone running it fast infront of me! So don't knock the guy for driving fast, that's what the boat was built for.

I saw this boat in Havasu at the poker run and he and his crew (friends) seemed to be a very cool bunch. I saw them talking to all the gaukers, answering questions and waving at everyone in the channel as they past. Very mature and cool I thought especially since the owner is in his early to mid 30's.

I have never seen the owner of lickthis on the board, so if anyone knows him or anyone in the boat at the time of the accident, let them know to jump on here and give us a first hand account. Otherwise, everyone was on the outside looking in and we will never know what the deal was.

Tank
Old 05-28-2002, 04:13 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up I agree w/ Tank!!!!!

Old 05-28-2002, 04:17 PM
283CHECK

We seen it Sunday morning moored at Lake Port(I think, the marina right beside salty dog). Then it looked like it running the glaze arm back towards the bridge Monday morning?

Old 05-28-2002, 04:21 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Tank I was not trying to slam the guy at all. When I saw him spin all I could think was man I hope everyone is ok. Second I hope the boat is ok. Third was what would cause a boat that has the capabilities that Lick This does to spin as such a "slow" speed. Since I am not at all familiar with cats I hoped to get some ideas as to what may have happened from the guys that do drive them.

Jon

Quick Reply: Lick This Spun out last night!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.