I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing >

I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing

Notices

I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing

Old 04-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KCHOTBOAT
Do the motors have thermostats? If not you will get no warning until it is to late. This happened to my HTM when I first got it. The dealer in KC dry started the boat several times in his shop. The first time I took the boat out for a long run it caught fire due to the exhaust hose burning. Smoke was my only warning the gauge never whet up until it was to late and the boat never had buzzers installed from the factory.
Sounds about the same. I do have thermostats. It is open cooled
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow so in two hours of operation you've run it onto the rocks and had it sink at the dock? If it was a bad impeller install why didn't it overheat and melt when you had it underway (when it hit the rocks)

Many things can happen that don't make sense but to think a dealer like Shogren would remove an impeller that had no vanes left and just throw in a new one without finding the rest of the old pieces is a little tough to swallow.

Good luck
Old 04-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mlb75
... If it was a bad impeller install why didn't it overheat and melt when you had it underway (when it hit the rocks)

Good luck
My take is that all was fine, then he ran on to the rocks. During the repair, the impellors were changed, then delivered the boat. 2 weeks later it was ran again, at which point the motors got hot and sunk. Since it appears to have sunk in the slip, were the motors just ideling/warming up?

It'd make sense if the water valves were left closed when ran. W/O water flowing thru the motor, the temp senders won't register hot water as they are not submerged. The puzzling part are the new impellors. I agree that no experienced person would have installed new impellors with the bad ones missing all the vanes.

Shogren, did the vanes look to have failed from heat or torn apart as if frozen in the housings and then turned?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Registered

No water valves on the boat. When Shogrens manager overheated it on delivery, he called a guy who changed the impellers in the water. He had to keep hoses high so water wouldnt come in. See that was only the start of the problems. Think about this. I received the boat with burned up impellers.

Last edited by dodgeman111; 04-22-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Help me out because I think you have done more to your boats resale value than any one else.
This can't be repeated enough.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Registered

The thing is, I will disclose anything I know to a future owner anyway. I've done that with everything I ever sold

It's starting to appear it will be a better boat after all is said and done anyway. It'll just take some time to see how this all works out

Last edited by dodgeman111; 04-22-2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 04-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
I wouldn't either.....yet.
But I would get on the phone with a lawyer and put the lying scumbag out of business.
+100
Old 04-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TriPaC87
This can't be repeated enough.
Shouldnt you read the entire thread and then post these comments?

I dont know.....
Old 04-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Registered

Some people including Shogren say I am lowering my own value with this thread The issue is the brand of it being salvaged. I'll have to disclose it if i sell or I could be sued. Besides boaters ripping off other boaters is too uncool. This seems to be what the hint is here
Old 04-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeman111
I never had any intention at all of mentioning the dealer's name on here. He came forward which is respectable. I called him a reputable dealer from the start and I was only seeking opinions. The story has went on from last October when I bought the boat. It has been one thing after another.(salvaged boat ????) I only put maybe 2 hours on it.The whole story is huge. Scott and I tried to resolve these issues. He was always right there to answer phone calls and take emails. I respect that and he has offered to trade me boats. I think he realizes I'm in a bad spot. However we can't seem to agree on details of a new transaction. I'd be losing 18K in my opinion. Hopefully the boat gets repaired nicely and I can finally make a nice boat.

PS... In regards to the impellers, a boat surveyor hired by my insurance company has stated improper installation and only one company ever touched them. Also when the boat was delivered to me back in October, the general manager of Shogren overheated the boat and had to call a mechanic to replace the impellers. And I got NO alarms and gauges read good when it happened to me. Even water pressure showed 15 pounds. I thought the AC/heat unit was overheating since it was doing screwy things. I like this boat and it looks like I better learn to love it..
WOW really makes you wonder sounds like should be pointing that beak back North dropping it off and RUNNING AS FAST AS YOU CAN !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.