Notices

Help with Hammond V1950

Old 04-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Hammond V1950

I see there is lots of interest in the Hammond models on this forum. I use to frequent classicglastron till their forum changed hands and now I can't get in. Anyway I have a 1978 El Dorado Elite that I would say is maybe an 8 with some scars from Coast Guard Auxiliary work on the Illinois river scratching the gelcoat. The gold metalflake is unique and I was wondering how much can be sanded off till it looks bare. Also I need some canvas enclosures for this and find the quotes for custom fabricating to be very cost prohibitive for use during the occasional rain showers on patrols and river closures. Do you know who would have the pattern where the covers can be duplicated? Also the interior is in decent shape, but the wood is degrading so need to replace it. I notice too that stainless staples were not used originally. One question is in some areas the seats are yellow. Is there a dye that can restore the original gold toned appearance of the upholstery? Why were the seats made to lift up in the front when they are in the reclining position? I really look forward to establishing communication with those that appreciate this brand.

Dirk