Notices

Keeping the boat at home

Old 05-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rexcramer1
Move out to the country and park whatever you want wherever you want on your own property and you dont have to worry about shrubs and fences and what the neighbors think. A 12 gauge and a German Shepard keep anyone who is a little too curious a good distance away.

Nothing beats having your boat at home in your own pole barn to tinker with whenever you feel like it
Old 05-01-2011, 07:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many areas around chi-town do not allow storage of boats in drives, side drives or back yard.

Check any area you plan to buy for local ordinances.

Often times in Illinois you can live across the street (in a city that does not allow boats) from a township that does. Where I live, the city does not allow boat parking/storage. Across the street in front of my house is the township, park any thing you want. Go figure.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kept the boat in the driveway of my parents house the summer that I bought it, I was living in a condo at the time. It definitely raised some eyebrows, hooked up to the truck it would hang out into the street. My parents live on a nice dead-end street so the neighbors weren't too happy, plus I got tired of answering dumb questions while I was out there tinkering or washing.