525 Carbon fiber coolant Tank >

525 Carbon fiber coolant Tank

Notices

525 Carbon fiber coolant Tank

Old 05-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 525 Carbon fiber coolant Tank

Anyone Know Where to get a carbon fiber coolant tank for a merc 525efi? I seen one on a 600sci, but maybe it was a cover.....

Derek
Old 05-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

You can order them from Merc. They are just covers. I think they were $450 each. I went with the polished stainless.
Attached Thumbnails 525 Carbon fiber coolant Tank-060.jpg  

Last edited by pm203; 05-01-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

I could possibly coat them for you.
these were factory clear coolant tanks that i coated with a carbon fiber film.
Attached Thumbnails 525 Carbon fiber coolant Tank-img_3597.jpg   525 Carbon fiber coolant Tank-img_3605.jpg   525 Carbon fiber coolant Tank-img_3609.jpg  

525 Carbon fiber coolant Tank-img_3603.jpg   525 Carbon fiber coolant Tank-img_3586.jpg  
Old 05-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Registered

I checked bams website. The tank is $312 and the cover is $558!?!? WTF?? NO THANKS!!

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
I could possibly coat them for you.
these were factory clear coolant tanks that i coated with a carbon fiber film.
Those pics look awesome!! How much to do a Tank and what are you putting on them? Vinyl?

Thanks, Derek
Old 05-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered

depends on how much prep work you want to do... if you want to get the tank really clean and sand it with red scotchbright and have it basically preped for paint and taped off like you were going to paint the carbon fiber on..
i could do it for 100 each.

I dont do this for a living, it is just kind of an expirament trying to do this.. i will probably have to do it several times to make it look good and will have more in it then i charge you but will look at it like practice..

it took me three tries on those coolant tanks and four tries on the valve covers to get it to look that good.

I have to paint it with a grey paint then let that dry, then you take this film that looks like window tint with the carbon print on it..and lay it on top of hot water.. let it sit for a minuite and it starts disolving the film the print is on and then you spray an activator on the film then slowly drop the part through the film and the water presses the design to the part, then you clear coat it... kind of wierd to watch... you can put it on anything..
Old 05-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Registered

depends on how much prep work you want to do... if you want to get the tank really clean and sand it with red scotchbright and have it basically preped for paint and taped off like you were going to paint the carbon fiber on..

I dont do this for a living, it is just kind of an expirament trying to do this.. i will probably have to do it several times to make it look good and will have more in it then i charge you but will look at it like practice..

it took me three tries on those coolant tanks and four tries on the valve covers to get it to look that good.

I have to paint it with a grey paint then let that dry, then you take this film that looks like window tint with the carbon print on it..and lay it on top of hot water.. let it sit for a minuite and it starts disolving the film the print is on and then you spray an activator on the film then slowly drop the part through the film and the water presses the design to the part, then you clear coat it... kind of wierd to watch... you can put it on anything..
Wow that looks awesome, very cool! Do you have any feedback as to how this process performs? With the heat and humidity and salt spray in an Engine environment, just curious? Looks great imo.

Very Cool

Danny
Old 05-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Registered

Would you be interested in another? I have one that needs to be done.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dr. Dan
Wow that looks awesome, very cool! Do you have any feedback as to how this process performs? With the heat and humidity and salt spray in an Engine environment, just curious? Looks great imo.

Very Cool

Danny
i did those valve covers a year ago and they still look new.
its basically car paint.. so it will stay as good as car clear coat will...
Old 05-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

i did those valve covers a year ago and they still look new.
its basically car paint.. so it will stay as good as car clear coat will...
Is this a do it yourself at home hydrographics kit you are working with? I use to send Dodge Viper dash panels to the local hydrographic shop for special Viper builds for Dodge.
BTW...Looks Great!!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Tyson you may have another business to gear up with...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.