Like Tree0Likes

Desert Storm Video- Predator Passing DCB Green M31

Reply
Old 05-02-2011, 02:21 PM
  #21
CLA
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
a video of testing the dcb 31 with merc 1350's before he got his AZZ handed to him by the skater..



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9SH...layer_embedded
I relize the Skater is faster, but I think its far from an azz beating. Pretty good for that little west coast cat with a training wheel to do that good IMO.
CLA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:31 PM
  #22
Registered
Trade Score: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Between A Womans Leggs in IL
My Boats: 77 donzi x18 92 formula 336 sr1
Posts: 6,321
Default Fixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1 View Post
Beautiful boat runs like she's on rails & gas sure is cheap in Cali $3.29
i have to agree with you ,,dcb makes beautiful boats,, ok so i was off a few months
FIXX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:31 PM
  #23
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Yorba Linda,Ca.
My Boats: Sold 36' skater in the market
Posts: 282
Default Gary Smith Predator

Way to go Gary. I was guessing that a few boats jumped the start to do whatver it takes to look like they where faster. Glad you screamed past them. Your boat looked great all weekend.
bripar77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:36 PM
  #24
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
i have to agree with you ,,dcb makes beautiful boats,, ok so i was off a few months
maybe it'll be going back down there since they did away with @sama and used him for fish [email protected]@d wishfull thinkin i guess

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 05-02-2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spellign
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:39 PM
  #25
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
a video of testing the dcb 31 with merc 1350's before he got his AZZ handed to him by the skater..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9SH...layer_embedded
Thanks for the vid.

I wouldn't say the DCB got his ass handed to him, since he looked to be pretty far ahead of the rest of the pack excluding Predator.

Going that fast isn't easy, even when you have the power & ability to do so. The DCB being "only" 31ft long deserves to be noted as well from a fellow drivers standpoint. No matter who built the boat, taking one up to it's upper capabilities when they're packing the kind of power both boats are, takes SERIOUS balls & extreme focus.

I think whoever was driving the DCB deserves credit for taking it up to those speeds no matter where he was in the pack. That's a LOT less boat to keep under control at those numbers.

It can be difficult to explain to others that haven't ever driven anything that fast on the water. There's definitely more to it than just pushing the throttles down & holding on.

Last edited by BLee; 05-02-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling as always
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:40 PM
  #26
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 52
Default Predator

Congratulations to Gary on a flawless run. The boat looked incredible!!

JR
500drvr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:11 PM
  #27
Registered
 
Whipple Charged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Fresno, CA, 93722, USA
My Boats: Engine, speed, powerboats, Outerlimits SV43 with Whipple 1375SCI's
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44MTI View Post
Dustin, is he still running the same whipples or did he change them this yr.
It has quad 4.0L EFI engines with the new one piece throttle bodies. Motors were built by Larrys Engine and Marine.
Whipple Charged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:13 PM
  #28
Registered
 
Whipple Charged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Fresno, CA, 93722, USA
My Boats: Engine, speed, powerboats, Outerlimits SV43 with Whipple 1375SCI's
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLee View Post
Thanks for the vid.

I wouldn't say the DCB got his ass handed to him, since he looked to be pretty far ahead of the rest of the pack excluding Predator.

Going that fast isn't easy, even when you have the power & ability to do so. The DCB being "only" 31ft long deserves to be noted as well from a fellow drivers standpoint. No matter who built the boat, taking one up to it's upper capabilities when they're packing the kind of power both boats are, takes SERIOUS balls & extreme focus.

I think whoever was driving the DCB deserves credit for taking it up to those speeds no matter where he was in the pack. That's a LOT less boat to keep under control at those numbers.

It can be difficult to explain to others that haven't ever driven anything that fast on the water. There's definitely more to it than just pushing the throttles down & holding on.
Tony C was driving the green DCB, Johnny T. was driving the orange one.
Whipple Charged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:37 PM
  #29
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple Charged View Post
Tony C was driving the green DCB, Johnny T. was driving the orange one.
Johnny got pinched at the start by some wake board boat(s)....didn't want to relive two years ago....safety first.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:50 PM
  #30
Registered
 
44MTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-Dock
My Boats: 08' 44 MTI
Posts: 3,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple Charged View Post
It has quad 4.0L EFI engines with the new one piece throttle bodies. Motors were built by Larrys Engine and Marine.
SO do you have an adapter to mount these on the Merc 1200 intakes yet.
44MTI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.