Like Tree0Likes

Gary's Predator Skater

Reply
Old 05-06-2011, 11:47 PM
  #21
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple Charged View Post
Gary or Larry can touch on the power and reliability. I know they were not on kill and were setup conservatively for the poker run.

You guys are comparing apples to oranges. The 31DCB is fast and an incredible, but its a 31 boat (with roughly 2' of bussel) with dual 1350 hp motors! My 33' Eliminator, which Tony did an incredible job building for me, went 165, still pulling with dual 1100 motors. The Skater is a big boat, built for all types of water conditions including the ocean. Both are bad ass boats but comparing them is apples to oranges.
110% agree!

Regarding reliability, Gary and Larry have been teamed up for over 20 years with an impeccable reliablity record most only dream of. Whatever deal they struck with the devil worked, for it seems theyve hit the jackpot.

Even Gary will give the DCB it's proper due (of course with the proper chest pumping skater rub)

It's all in good fun. And what some don't realize is that Gary, Dave and Tony are some of the most humble, cool, down to earth people you'll meet. But there's no mistaking - they bring their A game. Don't mess with the bull if you don't want the horns. 159 boats registered and 157 in them in the rear view mirror between these two. Bravo to Gary for having a bigger, heavier FASTER boat and bravo to dave and the crew for coming so far and earning the respect they deserve for a great product! There's no "losers" here.

Last edited by thisistank; 05-06-2011 at 11:50 PM.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:19 AM
  #22
Registered
Trade Score: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky
My Boats: DCB F-32
Posts: 1,860
Default

Pretty soon with the speeds we're reaching the top dogs may be differentiated by their ability to turn and corner at high speed rather than absolute top speed. Congratualations to those who have the dedication to achieve being the best.

Dustin your absolutely right about the 4v OHC, shouldn't be too hard to achieve with today's machinery. That would be a good addition to your product line.

Last edited by SkiDoc; 05-07-2011 at 06:27 AM.
SkiDoc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:32 AM
  #23
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
JIMKID Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Livonia Mi Usa
My Boats: 2009 30 LS7 SKATER 711 sold xvi power
Posts: 1,913
Default

both awsome boats did go very fast but the skater did it in calm water and can do it in rough water but the dcb would be left behind so the old rule applies skaters rule price wise is not a issue when you get up that high end just pay and play
__________________
30 SKATER LS7
JIMKID Motorsports is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:49 AM
  #24
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South N.J
My Boats: 28 Skater 2.5's
Posts: 812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports View Post
both awsome boats did go very fast but the skater did it in calm water and can do it in rough water but the dcb would be left behind so the old rule applies skaters rule price wise is not a issue when you get up that high end just pay and play
It's a SKATER nation....................
Baja555 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:49 PM
  #25
Registered
 
Whipple Charged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Fresno, CA, 93722, USA
My Boats: Engine, speed, powerboats, Outerlimits SV43 with Whipple 1375SCI's
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
110% agree!

Regarding reliability, Gary and Larry have been teamed up for over 20 years with an impeccable reliablity record most only dream of. Whatever deal they struck with the devil worked, for it seems theyve hit the jackpot.

Even Gary will give the DCB it's proper due (of course with the proper chest pumping skater rub)

It's all in good fun. And what some don't realize is that Gary, Dave and Tony are some of the most humble, cool, down to earth people you'll meet. But there's no mistaking - they bring their A game. Don't mess with the bull if you don't want the horns. 159 boats registered and 157 in them in the rear view mirror between these two. Bravo to Gary for having a bigger, heavier FASTER boat and bravo to dave and the crew for coming so far and earning the respect they deserve for a great product! There's no "losers" here.
Well said Tank!
Whipple Charged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:54 PM
  #26
Registered
 
Whipple Charged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Fresno, CA, 93722, USA
My Boats: Engine, speed, powerboats, Outerlimits SV43 with Whipple 1375SCI's
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDoc View Post
Pretty soon with the speeds we're reaching the top dogs may be differentiated by their ability to turn and corner at high speed rather than absolute top speed. Congratualations to those who have the dedication to achieve being the best.

Dustin your absolutely right about the 4v OHC, shouldn't be too hard to achieve with today's machinery. That would be a good addition to your product line.
Yup, no question, amazing that 160mph is somewhat common now. To me, there's a boat for everyone as each has different needs. Skater is proven and been around, DCB has risen to be one of the top boat builders and keeps building works of art, attention to detail is incredible.
Whipple Charged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:32 PM
  #27
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple Charged View Post
Well said Tank!
Thanks Dustin...Did you make it to Desert Storm by the way? I saw Mike walking about. Saw Joe Sgro and his new ride (SICK). Also love what they did with Gold Digger...Happy to see it back to life.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:24 PM
  #28
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LOTO
Posts: 213
Default

Heres a link to the onboard footage from Predator at DS.
http://www.skaterfest.net/media.html
Rob Rich is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:50 PM
  #29
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
My Boats: Hustler 40 Fiore
Posts: 966
Default

What was that... bout 80 mph??? lol... nice run!
teamsynergy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:14 PM
  #30
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010
Posts: 7,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post
If you look in the classifieds on OSO, DCB has another green
M31 (LA boat show boat) w/700s, NXTs for 410K.... So the Bad boy, Green M31 w/1350s?.... who know's how much more $$ that costs..... I have no clue on the Skater... But you know they get up in the mills.....
410K for a ................................ 31 DCB??????????????? Put the pipe down
DollaBill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.