Notices

Air Horns on a go-fast?

Old 05-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
half of the hialeah douchebags in miami have them, they are great for annoying the **** out of everybody at the sandbar. For your purposes doesn't sound like a bad idea but if you see a boat with them here = douchebag!
I will not be a douchbag at all.......just to let people know I am there in an emergency.........not gonna let everyone at the local watering hole know when I have arrived..........
Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

my formula has a set that looks factory,,the mounted them up high rite by the air intake in the bilge..

you havnt seen a air horn until you go to this website.

http://www.hornblasters.com/gallery

check out some of the videos..

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...nblasters&aq=f
Old 05-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Registered
VIP Member

In my opinion. a jet skier is not a boater, and every day that I'm on my boat, it seems that I'm right. I don't care how many courses they take, they just don't get it. They do not follow the basic common sense " rules of the road ". I'm 46 years old and I've been boating since I was 8. I know for a fact that I don't know all the rules and regulations, but I have common knowledge, and it seems that jetskiers don't have that common knowledge. I'm not talking about boaters that also have a jetski, I'm talking about people that have never boated in their life and go out and buy a jetski. To sum it up, I'm not moving out of the way for a jetski if I'm in the right of way. I hope it doesn't scratch my gelcoat.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by frankenstein
In my opinion. a jet skier is not a boater, and every day that I'm on my boat, it seems that I'm right. I don't care how many courses they take, they just don't get it. They do not follow the basic common sense " rules of the road ". I'm 46 years old and I've been boating since I was 8. I know for a fact that I don't know all the rules and regulations, but I have common knowledge, and it seems that jetskiers don't have that common knowledge. I'm not talking about boaters that also have a jetski, I'm talking about people that have never boated in their life and go out and buy a jetski. To sum it up, I'm not moving out of the way for a jetski if I'm in the right of way. I hope it doesn't scratch my gelcoat.
I couldn't agree more, but in reality who needs the aggrivation.......it's always them who ends up hurt and who ends up in court? That's right........us...........Who's insurance premium is gonna go up ? You got it.......ours........ I just want them to know I am there so they don't do anything stupid........

Last edited by Here's Johnny; 05-13-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Registered

I avoid jet skis like the plague! Every year I will get one or two that are just kamikaze. They just don't understand distance is a margin of safety. I have two compact horns in my bilge that need replacing. Was looking at electric trumpet horns. Do you think with horns being in the bilge and the horns not being marked ussg ignition proof it would be a violation during an inspection?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Registered

I've got a train horn in the engine compartment run off 1 compressor. Previous owner installed them and are loud as he//. The engine light switch on the dash controls the compressor pump (engine light was not very good so made better use of the switch) and the horn was hooked up to the original horn switch on the dash.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by frankenstein
Amen! i was in my little `8 going up river,i was at a steady speed going maybe 25 mph..i had my older sister and her hubby in the boat,all of a sudden i heat this loud wang and then splash,when i turned my head this jet skier was about 5' off my stern jumping what little wake i was putting out..he landed rite next to me..so close i could have grabbed him if it weren't for all the water that went into my boat..then off he sped.i look at my sister and brother in law and we were all drenched,my sister was pissed and so was i..i nailed the throttle and caught up with him,cut him off and forced him to stop and reamed him out,,wouldnt you know!! he could not speak a word of English.. now when i hear a jet ski behind me i aim for them..
Old 05-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pitts1313
Do you think with horns being in the bilge and the horns not being marked ussg ignition proof it would be a violation during an inspection?
Electric horns or electric compressor operating air horn would likely be a violation. More importantly, they could cause an explosion.

If you can find an air compressor originally used with bypass type exhaust systems, those were marine and non-sparking. Alternatively, you could use air horns supplied with compressed air from a tank. I used a small fire extinguisher bottle and air horns on my motorcycle. I could even stop people at RR crossings (but I was young back then)! Just a short cable and a lever to push the valve and WAAAHHH! Most effective.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Dock Holiday had mounted a set on either side of his 36' Baja inside the gunwale vents. He posted some pics here, and was very happy with the results.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:09 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
...I feel if I install a REAL LOUD air horn...
They hear us coming...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDPNEqEJdfg[/YOUTUBE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.