Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again >

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Notices

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Old 11-15-2016, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is it that everyone is afraid to race on a short course. Set up ( including cornering is part of the game) if you make the course longer, you just make it a longer drag race straight away.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
It is not my logic. It is a fundamental precept of racing. If you cannot under any circumstances win the championship, which was Brian's situation because he was DQ'd for cheating in race 1, you don't tangle with the points leader or any of the other contenders on the first lap of the last race. No one smashes into someone else on purpose, so I'm not sure where you are coming from on that one. But the bottom line is you must have situational awareness and Forehand didn't. As a result, he took out a team fighting for a championship. If that is racing in your book then I must respectfully disagree with your book.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I have to say I agree with this. There is a reason there is a blue flag with a yellow stripe in many motor sports. Courtesy to fellow racers who are contenders.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Never seen that flag be thrown on the first corner of the first lap in any kind of race!

No dog in any fight here either other than if your going to go there to race then I would expect anyone and everyone to race not follow the leader because he's leading in points.

At that point we better start giving out participation trophy and no one should ever be the winner because someone will feel bad they are the looser.

They played all 7 games in the world series... They didnt just hand it to the team leading the series after 4 games or 5 games.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by 777offshore
Why is it that everyone is afraid to race on a short course. Set up ( including cornering is part of the game) if you make the course longer, you just make it a longer drag race straight away.
there is plenty of boat racing done that involves out cornering and accelerating your opponent... but its typically not done in 30 to 50 foot boats designed for something completely different.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
Never seen that flag be thrown on the first corner of the first lap in any kind of race!

No dog in any fight here either other than if your going to go there to race then I would expect anyone and everyone to race not follow the leader because he's leading in points.

At that point we better start giving out participation trophy and no one should ever be the winner because someone will feel bad they are the looser.

They played all 7 games in the world series... They didnt just hand it to the team leading the series after 4 games or 5 games.
Different circumstances, same courtesy. People that are out of contention can still race hard. But, they shouldn't be racing so hard that they are taking out people in contention.

Just my opinion.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
Providing safety response crews for those would be daunting. I was very impressed with how fast the divers were on top of Pro Floors after it's roll.
Your completely missing the point. In endurance / distance racing the safety crew is NOT right there. you have to race with that in mind, you have to race mentally, not just stick the throttle on the dash hoping you dont blow up or wreck. You had better believe that when I was racing Baja, I knew if I f'd up, help was a long long way away after somebody got around to finding me. And if I broke it, I was going to be sitting for a long time before somebody found me too. That is the mental aspect I mentioned. Thats what seperated the men from the boys....
Old 11-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I disagree with different circumstances, The boat who is in contention in points also only needs to race as hard as he has to so he stays ahead of his closest competitor in points. He also does not need to win. It's a 2 way street.

Otherwise in Nascar championship should only the people who can win championship race that race? Or everyone else cant try to win they just need to drive around and stay out of everyones way.

Now if this was last lap of the race or being lapped in the race I might agree with you but first lap first corner no way. I want to see the competitors race each other as hard as they want to.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I disagree with different circumstances, The boat who is in contention in points also only needs to race as hard as he has to so he stays ahead of his closest competitor in points. He also does not need to win. It's a 2 way street.

Otherwise in Nascar championship should only the people who can win championship race that race? Or everyone else cant try to win they just need to drive around and stay out of everyones way.

Now if this was last lap of the race or being lapped in the race I might agree with you but first lap first corner no way. I want to see the competitors race each other as hard as they want to.
Very much agreed here
Old 11-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but imagine if a Cup driver who'd been eliminated from the Chase crashed the points leader while trying a first lap pass at the final race of the year in Homestead. I recognize that is hard to imagine because no professional driver would ever even consider doing something so utterly selfish and stupid. NASCAR would have creamed the guy and his fellow racers would have ostracized him.

Your World Series analogy doesn't work because both teams were still eligible for the title. Forehand was just a guy driving around a race course. What he did was akin to the LA Dodgers crashing their team bus into the Cubs bus before game seven.

Frankly, he should have left the venue after the DQ, or SBI should have sent him home. At the very least he should call Miklos and Fehrman, admit to using terrible judgment, and apologize. A man, and certainly a gentleman, would have already done so.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

If the courses get any shorter , you could just add a class at the Unlimited Hydroplane Events (they could use the help) . I've always felt Offshore Racing was a sport more like desert endurance racing and never saw the point of a giant spectator base. You have the enthusiasts that will show up ( compared to tons of people on the beach that have no clue whats going on and wouldnt have been there if your tried to charge admission ). You still have Sponsors in Marine / Recreation / Watersports that will participate in order to reach a target audience. The only recognition I ever seeked was the respect of fellow competitors/enthusiasts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.