Corsa Captains Call Exhaust >

Corsa Captains Call Exhaust

Notices

Corsa Captains Call Exhaust

Old 05-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Captains Call Exhaust

I am looking for some input I just bought some Mercury 525's with quick& quite exhaust. Can any of you tell me if you have had any trouble with water reversion using this set up? I would really appreciate hearing from people who has the same engines and if they use captains call exhaust. Thank you for your time!!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by seans36baja
I am looking for some input I just bought some Mercury 525's with quick& quite exhaust. Can any of you tell me if you have had any trouble with water reversion using this set up? I would really appreciate hearing from people who has the same engines and if they use captains call exhaust. Thank you for your time!!
i suspect you have cmi headers? if so and i see your in salt water pull the headers and have them pressure checked before they do major damage to your rngines..

do a search Cmi headers and you will see all the problems that mercury racing and cmi refuse to correct..
Old 05-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Define reversion are you talking about when you back the boat up you have a water problem getting in the headers? But before you do anything get them checked before your buying engines......and check the flappers inside
Old 05-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Corsa welds an anti reversion plate inside their Y pipes for this reason. I had one break loose a while back. Came to find out from Corsa (very nice people to deal with) they had just changed the way they weld them in. Now they use a continous weld instead of the puddle welds they used on mine.

They ended up refurbing all four of my Y pipes for free. Althought they did tell me I was the last customer they would offer that deal to.

They came back looking brand new. Wish I could say that about my headers when they came back.

Last edited by Macklin; 05-20-2011 at 11:30 AM.