question for the Ilmor V-10 guys ! >

question for the Ilmor V-10 guys !

Notices

question for the Ilmor V-10 guys !

Old 05-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Certainly, having 400 pounds less engine weight would move the CG further forward. On the other hand, there have been at least two other 388's with Arneson's and big power, so I'm sure the setup will work. The two boats that I remember were "Double Trouble" and "Black Cloud", which had HUGE power, and ran some really big numbers. I personally saw Double Trouble run as solid 110+. Like you said, if there are any issues, the Arneson guys would be my first call.
I believe this was the first ilmor/arneson package (at least for Hustler) and like I said it wouldn't take much to make it work. The boat in the pics is the one I remember. it was in the showroom at LCM so we couldn't run it but I do know it had some handling problems originally and the sales guys flat out couldnt sell it because of this. All in the setup, looks like someone (with the right knowledge) took the time to work it out. Hell it could have been as simple as the wrong props.

Then again maybe the LCM boys were getting spoiled with all the Ilmor Outerlimits coming thru the doors!!!

Rockin' boat with killer package! Have fun guys!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

it may have been the first ilmor/hustler package but def not the first arneson hustler package. had a 38 with 675 eikerts in 2001-2002ish out here in the area that was solid til about 95, then lil hairy from high 90's to bout 105 then settled in nice from there to the 1'teens
Old 05-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
n another
Bern,
Beautiful boat and set-up. Tell your buddy, I'm jealous!
Dean