Notices

Need expert advice

Old 05-30-2002, 10:47 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need expert advice

Although a boating fan for many years (used to own a Sleekraft 24, Daycruiser) I'm fairly new to this site. I wish to thank all of you from a fans point of view for your insight, information, conversations and humor. I and my friends will make this a daily trip.
We are constructing a marina (20 acre lagoon in a 60 acre intracoastal lot) in Edgewater, Fl and need some of your expert advice/opinions. As part of the marina complex (see plan below) we will have boat sales.

We will accomadate 150 slips (up to 65') and 350 slots for inside high and dry storage (42' max). We will have amoung other emmenities~a 6-12 room floating motel (boatel), restaurant ( drive up docking available), ships store, Childrens play area and a Tiki bar and more.
My boss at this time has chosen, as his primary source in the boat sales department:
-Classy==Formula
-Go boat==Pursuit
-Fish boat==Four Winns
I would like to hear from you guys and gals what your preference would be for our sales selction. Or if what we have chosen is a good set for todays market.
Thanks
marc
Attached Thumbnails Need expert advice-aaaaa2marina-site-plan-2a.jpg  
Old 05-30-2002, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a nice concept. Its a shame most all other marinas in Florida are giving way to high rise condos. Apparently waterfront land is more valuable to housing than what a marina could generate.
Where is Edgewater Florida? It seems to me that the demographics for a paticular area would determine what your bread and butter boats would be. Is Edgewater more fish, family or go fast oriented? Or a mixture of all?
Old 05-31-2002, 08:53 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The marina site will be about 18 miles south of Daytona Beach and approx 9 miles from New Smyrna Beach (where the wet pits were for the Daytona offshore races.) It is about 60 miles from Orlando.

The traffic we have observed during the start of excavation is roughly, 30 % cruiser , 25% blow (we prefer the power and not the blow), 30% fish and the rest misc. No PCW are permitted since it fronts a manatee zone .
One of our objectives is to increase the number and activities involved with the go fast (runs to Daytona and or Miami) as well as improving the economy in the area.
-marc