Notices

Joplin MO tornado

Old 05-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The power and destruction of these tornadoes is insane. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

we are all ok.. when i get some good internet i will post some pics... it completely changed the look of the town.. all the trees in the path have no bark on them from debri hitting them and stripping them.. it was weird pulling piles of trash where there was a house and getting down to a bath tub and there were people in it alive with there cats... i always hear if you see a tornado coming to get in a bath tub and never thought that would help but most of the people that we dug out that were alive were in a basement or a bath tub and the rest of the house looked like just a pile of rubble.... i dont have a bath tub, might have to go get one.

I have pretty much lived in this town my whole life and have driven down every street thousands of times and know this town like the back of my hand, and last night i was trying to find my way back to my house to get more pry bars and tow straps and all the buildings and house were gone to the point that i could not figure out where i was.
thank you for all the thoughts and prayers

Tyson
Old 05-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Registered

Unreal. May God Bless all.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:27 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
we are all ok.. when i get some good internet i will post some pics... it completely changed the look of the town.. all the trees in the path have no bark on them from debri hitting them and stripping them.. it was weird pulling piles of trash where there was a house and getting down to a bath tub and there were people in it alive with there cats... i always hear if you see a tornado coming to get in a bath tub and never thought that would help but most of the people that we dug out that were alive were in a basement or a bath tub and the rest of the house looked like just a pile of rubble.... i dont have a bath tub, might have to go get one.

I have pretty much lived in this town my whole life and have driven down every street thousands of times and know this town like the back of my hand, and last night i was trying to find my way back to my house to get more pry bars and tow straps and all the buildings and house were gone to the point that i could not figure out where i was.

Tyson
Wow, glad you are ok. Didn't the NWS call it an EF3? Wouldn't it have to be much stronger to strip the trees of their bark? It looked much stronger than an EF3 from the pics of the damage and of the actual tornado.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tyson.
Glad you're OK. Thanks for the info
Old 05-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LV
Tornado!
This is the pic I've been looking for from grand.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Death toll up to 116 in Joplin
Old 05-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Seems All To Familiar, Our Thoughts And Prayers Go Out To All.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat

Tyson
Tyson,

I'm a phone call away. Let me know if I (we...ie business, equipment, workers, etc) can do anything.

Chad
Old 05-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Registered

Prayers to all.

As a MO (grew up in Lee's Summit) boy at heart, these things really hit home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.