Has anyone bought a repo'd boat

Old 05-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All my boats are repo's!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Registered

Let me give you the best advise on buying a repo. Assume everything is either broken or about to break. Ask what comes with the boat and have them put it in writing, trailer, gear, everything. Dont assume you are getting a new boat at a repo price! you are getting a boat someone else financed new and they fell short, possibly stripped it or swapped parts before losing it. VERY few people are wiping there boat with a diaper when they hand the repo man the keys and say "Get as much as you can for it"! So assume the very worst, make your offer based on that, and enjoy!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
Let me give you the best advise on buying a repo. Assume everything is either broken or about to break. Ask what comes with the boat and have them put it in writing, trailer, gear, everything. Dont assume you are getting a new boat at a repo price! you are getting a boat someone else financed new and they fell short, possibly stripped it or swapped parts before losing it. VERY few people are wiping there boat with a diaper when they hand the repo man the keys and say "Get as much as you can for it"! So assume the very worst, make your offer based on that, and enjoy!
That says it, if they can't afford the boat how can they take care of it.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input, I decided to pass on it, plus I would rather have something bigger looks like the cockpit might be a little tight for me the wife and kids plus my dog. There are a lot if deals out there now so I will keep looking .
Old 05-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my current boat, a velocity 260, was a repo that had been bounced from broker to broker. i bought it based on pics alone and had it shrink wrapped and shipped from Vegas to my driveway in Michigan. The interior was badley faded, but all the pics showed that. I took a gamble and bought it wihout a survey. As it turned out my gamble payed off. I paid $20k for the boat, aluminum trailer, shrinkwrap, and transport. It is an 03 Velocity 260 w/496 mag. Current blue book on the boat alone is low to mid 30s...... Mechanically ir was/is solid. it hada merc speedmaster lower that I removed and replaced with a stock bravo and actually ended up almost a grand. So far I have added trim tabs and am in process of having new interior done. So I am about 24k into a low to mid 30s boat. I'd say I did pretty well.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered

The high performance boat liquidators are:
National Liquidators (Both Coasts)- Tyce Sailor is a straight shooter
Long Beach Yacht Sales (3 locations in CA)- Ray Jones
Commonwealth Boat Brokers (VA and satalite offices)- Harper King
I have personal dealings with all three. Dont buy based on a survey, spend the $$$, fly out, look at the boat and make your own descision. Surveyors are not placing there family on the boat and running offshore... you are! nobody will spend more time or look as close as the person paying for the boat