Notices

25' obsession

Old 05-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I personally have seen almost the same boat have multiple front left sponson hull delamination problems, even after going to 2 different shops.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by obsessed1
w3,

Norther Offshore is right. They were built in Shiwano or Shauno (sp?) Wisconsin. 93-95 or 94-96, I dont quite remember. I was also told they are based off of an eliminator. I also boat primarly on Lake Michigan, and did with that boat. Give me a call at 847-613-7319 and I can tell you a hand full of things to look for. Overall, it was great boat..
Shawano, WI......

Eliminator purchased the building from my father. We had a little Chevrolet delaership. I believe is was called Eliminator East. I think Eliminator left after a few years and maybe sold some molds to the people who stayed in the building, I think starting Obsession..

Small world......
Old 05-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered

Default eventfull day

Well drove 3 hours to detroit and the boat was not what I expected. I had him talked down in price pending a sea trial. The motor was built and ran strong in his shop. We got out on the lake, there was maybe 1' chop on lake st. clare and coming up on plane we got sprayed 3 times. That all was ok I could deal with that. Well we were cruising 60 for maybe 2 minutes and the supply hose for the cooling fell off. My brother in-law smelled the rubber first so I quick pulled her back and shut the motor off. Opened the engine compartment and the exhaust boots were on fire, my first though was great now I get to go swimming. Owner quick grabbed the extinguisher and put them out, thankfully. We hooked the hose back up and limped her back in. Needless to say I did not drag a boat home today.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Default still looking ?

still looking for a cat ? PM
Attached Thumbnails 25' obsession-boat-sale-001.jpg  
Old 04-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by obsessed1
w3,

Norther Offshore is right. They were built in Shiwano or Shauno (sp?) Wisconsin. 93-95 or 94-96, I dont quite remember. I was also told they are based off of an eliminator. I also boat primarly on Lake Michigan, and did with that boat. Give me a call at 847-613-7319 and I can tell you a hand full of things to look for. Overall, it was great boat..
I bought a new 23' Eliminator Daytona back 1989 that was built in Wisconsin. If I remember correctly the operation in Wisconsin was run by one of the sons or maybe a brother of Bob Leach. A couple years later I was trying to replace a section of the anodized aluminum rub rail and called the number in Wisconsin and they answered the phone Obsession Boats.