Like Tree0Likes

Bruce Dudley???

Reply
Old 09-30-2011, 11:12 AM
  #31
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
36Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cedar Rapids Iowa, LOTO, Cape Coral Fl.
My Boats: Formula 37SS, 28 Skater 300x's 2400 Bay Ranger, 20' Cigarette, 18' Charger
Posts: 1,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlitefan2 View Post
Oh and by the way. He couldn't even manage to type the right address.

14 Droeste Square, St. Charles, Missouri, 63301

It's DROSTE....if that really is where he works. A flooring/carpet shop.

Oddly enough, 15 Droste Square is listed as "Performance Propeller"



Now Bruce wouldn't be playing games again would he? This just MUST be a coincidence....yeah, that's it. One HELL of a coincidence.

And Tango...unfortunately I PAID for the unwanted right to give him ****.
I would be pissed if I was you also. I can understand how you feel as I have been stung by some customers for some pretty good money. I assume that you have mailed to the address that he has given you, like he asked you to do? I have been there a couple of times, and there is a prop shop near him, so that explains that. This is not the Taj Mahol, it is just a row of large industrial type garages tucked in behind some other businesses. Very low overhead operation, but at the end of the day, it is the knowledge that counts.

I hope that you are able to figure out a way through this.
36Tango is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:31 AM
  #32
Registered
 
mlitefan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chesterfield, Va
My Boats: Sunsation 288
Posts: 81
Default

Clearly this still strikes a nerve with me. I wouldn't trust the guy any further than I could throw him and that isn't very far since he is a big son of a *****.

I am going to call instead of sending a letter but I fully expect to get absolutely nothing back from him. Just as I suspect he is full of crap by saying he has repaid 40K to the many people he ripped off here.

Just so you know, it was the very things he has been doing with you that gained him a good reputation here before he decided it was easier to steal from people than work.

You can do what you want but everyone who hasn't been here for any length of time needs to understand who and what this guy is.
mlitefan2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:52 AM
  #33
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Roswell, Ga
My Boats: Missing my Cigarette
Posts: 975
Default

He must have been, in the past at least, a pretty bad egg. After you guys contact him to try and resolve the issues, please keep us updated. Good luck.
twin screws is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:02 PM
  #34
Registered
 
PhantomChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bell Canyon, CA
My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Posts: 12,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
I assume that you have mailed to the address that he has given you, like he asked you to do?

I hope that you are able to figure out a way through this.
???????? How about BRUCE contact HIM regarding BRUCE's problem like mlitefan2 has asked? Who is the victim here? GEEEZZZZ!

What if we found Fred Cecil (Too Old) posting under a new name selling some parts......geee.....he must have been going through something rough 5 years ago. LOL!!! Or if Troutly was posting on here posting porn again........geee........he must have been going through a rough time 8 years ago. This needs to go in a different section. BEWARE and STOLEN section!
PhantomChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:04 PM
  #35
Registered
 
mlitefan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chesterfield, Va
My Boats: Sunsation 288
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin screws View Post
He must have been, in the past at least, a pretty bad egg. After you guys contact him to try and resolve the issues, please keep us updated. Good luck.
If I somehow manage to get my money back, I will be the first to stand up and say he is reformed.

Until then, he is still a thief.

And I am not about to hold my breath on seeing a dime...unfortunately, he stole a lot more from other members than he took from me.
mlitefan2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:54 PM
  #36
Registered
 
waterbum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Overland Park, KS
My Boats: 1986 Fountain 10 Meter
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlitefan2 View Post
If I somehow manage to get my money back, I will be the first to stand up and say he is reformed.

Until then, he is still a thief.

And I am not about to hold my breath on seeing a dime...unfortunately, he stole a lot more from other members than he took from me.
I got some of my money back from Bruce through a court case in St. Louis a few years ago. He plead guilty to a Class D Felony and was ordered to pay restitution to 3 plantiffs including me. I am not going to call him reformed because I honestly don't know, but he has repaid some people. I am not sure how many or how much in total.

He has offered to talk to those who still have a credit balance with him. That's a big step from where he was 8 or 9 years ago when he dropped out of siight.

Send him a certified letter and see what happens.
waterbum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:14 PM
  #37
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
36Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cedar Rapids Iowa, LOTO, Cape Coral Fl.
My Boats: Formula 37SS, 28 Skater 300x's 2400 Bay Ranger, 20' Cigarette, 18' Charger
Posts: 1,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbum View Post
I got some of my money back from Bruce through a court case in St. Louis a few years ago. He plead guilty to a Class D Felony and was ordered to pay restitution to 3 plantiffs including me. I am not going to call him reformed because I honestly don't know, but he has repaid some people. I am not sure how many or how much in total.

He has offered to talk to those who still have a credit balance with him. That's a big step from where he was 8 or 9 years ago when he dropped out of siight.

Send him a certified letter and see what happens.
That is great to hear.

One last thing, and then I will bow out. Running a small shop is very, very difficult. Many people are great at a skill and then try to start thier own shop, whether he be a mechanic, carpenter, baker, accountant, etc. Most of the time they fail. Not because they are bad technicians, but because they do not understand business, accrural accounting, cash flows, etc. They are some guys on here that have made the transition successfully, and they should be held in very, very high regard. Once a little guy begins to get behind on cash flow, it is a very, very slippery slope. Some bad small decisions can sometimes force bigger bad decisions, ond so on. I have been there. It is a tough lesson to learn. To have the balls to saddle it up and take another shot at it is something that most people would never do. Our country is full of them that just sit on the sidelines. With these mistakes, though, one would like to think that you would learn something. Are you better off doing business with somebody that has learned from these mistakes, or somebody that may have them to learn yet? I don't know. As I was told a long time ago that a baby learns to walk by falling. If a baby did not fall, they would never walk.

I really do hope that everybody can find resolution, and I hope that Bruce has learned from his past and will have a better future.
36Tango is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:39 PM
  #38
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tierra Verde, Fl
My Boats: 33 Outlaw
Posts: 341
Default

No offense, but that could be one of the stupidest posts of all time. The man is a convicted thief and multiple members here have been ripped off by him. To say people should trust him more because he's a thief than an honest person who MAY become a thief is assanine. He didn't rip you off,consider yourself lucky.

Last edited by Skullkrusher; 09-30-2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: clarity
Skullkrusher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:25 PM
  #39
Registered
 
mlitefan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chesterfield, Va
My Boats: Sunsation 288
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
That is great to hear.

One last thing, and then I will bow out. Running a small shop is very, very difficult. Many people are great at a skill and then try to start thier own shop, whether he be a mechanic, carpenter, baker, accountant, etc. Most of the time they fail. Not because they are bad technicians, but because they do not understand business, accrural accounting, cash flows, etc. They are some guys on here that have made the transition successfully, and they should be held in very, very high regard. Once a little guy begins to get behind on cash flow, it is a very, very slippery slope. Some bad small decisions can sometimes force bigger bad decisions, ond so on. I have been there. It is a tough lesson to learn. To have the balls to saddle it up and take another shot at it is something that most people would never do. Our country is full of them that just sit on the sidelines. With these mistakes, though, one would like to think that you would learn something. Are you better off doing business with somebody that has learned from these mistakes, or somebody that may have them to learn yet? I don't know. As I was told a long time ago that a baby learns to walk by falling. If a baby did not fall, they would never walk.

I really do hope that everybody can find resolution, and I hope that Bruce has learned from his past and will have a better future.
He hasn't learned a damn thing. Not a damn thing. Wish I could report otherwise.
mlitefan2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:45 AM
  #40
Registered
 
boatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Spring Lake, Michigan
My Boats: Sold the Cig
Posts: 4,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlitefan2 View Post
He hasn't learned a damn thing. Not a damn thing. Wish I could report otherwise.
Rote roe
boatme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.