Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   So who won........Havasu or LOTO??????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25484-so-who-won-havasu-loto.html)

buck183 05-30-2002 06:42 PM

So who won........Havasu or LOTO???????

I seem to remember some sort of informal bet about who was gong to have the best turnout Mem. Day weekend. I haven't heard anything official yet and was wondering if anyone was going to say either way?

I have a pretty good idea who won, but I'll leave that to the thread.

All opinions are welcome.......biased or unbiased. :D

Buck

buck183 05-30-2002 06:52 PM

Ahhhh.......Confucious speeks.:D

Very good points!!!!!!!!

Buck

PhantomChaos 05-30-2002 06:52 PM

No comment. :D

Audiofn 05-30-2002 06:57 PM

What the matter Phantom no chics getting naked at the Yardstick :D:D

Payton 05-30-2002 07:21 PM

Looks to me like the ones that won are the people that went o LOTO or Havasu.:cool:

How's that for a PC answer?

BK 05-30-2002 07:27 PM

I'm not sure if this is just an AOL link or not, but this was posted over at the rec.sports.jetski about Havasu-Memorial weekend, and it is hysterical. ;) Hope you all can read it.

I'd copy the post here, but it's a little risque, & I'm too much of a lady ;)

aol://5863:126/rec.sport.jetski:364220

obnoxus 05-30-2002 07:28 PM

yep,,, there is proff of LOTO !!! I dont see anything from Havasu!!!

LutzParty 05-30-2002 07:35 PM

your link is not working. Doesnt matter though there is NO WAY havasu had more folks there this past weekend.

pictures say volumes.

mpally 05-30-2002 07:42 PM

It sounds like Girls Gone Wild has giving up on Havasu in favor of Loto. Now Havasu's only claim to fame is gone.

BK 05-30-2002 07:53 PM

I'll see if I can find another link to that message board ;)

That link was actually a protest --- and an official call to save Havasu's reputation.... "Hetero Havasu". :)

From the sounds of it, they had a TON of people... MORE than ever.... And many over-exposed females. Except these guys said too many of the naked "Chicks" looked like Rosanne Barr....

And the last straw for them: Seems that quite a few males got naked and had their own shows -- even a "Swinging elephant trunk" contest....YIKES!!!!!!!!!! LOL :eek:

Uncle Toys 05-30-2002 07:54 PM

I believe all recreational boaters that enjoyed a SAFE Memorial Day weekend on the water, won! I enjoyed the heck out of Havasu, but I might have rather been watching Miss Amy dance on Lutz's pole;) :eek: :D :D

Audiofn 05-30-2002 08:03 PM

Uncle Toys with all due respect that is my pole. If we saw MissAmy dancing on Kevins pole then that would have put a END TO IT RIGHT THERE :D:D Sorry Kevin and Amy I had to :D:D

PhantomChaos 05-30-2002 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Unfortunately.............LOTO loses this one. Even though I beat the drum for many many months prior to the competitive Memorial Weekend, I had to change my plans at the last minute, and not go to Havasu. Believe me, I was disappointed!!! I sure wanted to be there to give you a first hand report of all the naughtiness going on in Havasu. I have nothing to show, but can point out a few choice finds I have found from last weekend.

All photos credit goes to: www.HavasuBarney.com

PhantomChaos 05-30-2002 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The channel.....looks pretty damn busy to me.

PhantomChaos 05-30-2002 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm sure.........this will need to be deleted. It is unlawful in Havasu (bummer) and it is here too on OSO.

Audiofn 05-30-2002 08:29 PM

Can some one PLEASE find the RULES so that Nort can see how badly he lost. Now Nort I am sure there was all kinds of "fun" stuff happening at Havabrew but really rules are rules and YOU LOST :p :p :p :p

PhantomChaos 05-30-2002 08:41 PM

:D :D :D :D

Good try to divert Fred! I think they are called "pasties".

I really can't comment on anything since I wasn't there, so I guess LOTO wins by default......gee, that must feel good. :D

You see, in the channel, the don't allow any boat over 33 feet......still, after all these months I'm educating you guys. :D :D :D

Audiofn 05-30-2002 08:48 PM

Hey Phantom you want to edit the video??? I can send it out to you and you can make a G rated and a R rated one :D:D

I think that I left my Cig stuff out there and also my camera's video cable at your place. The one that hooks from the camera directly into the TV. Can you please check it out for me?

Thanks
Jon

LutzParty 05-30-2002 10:11 PM

Now wait just a minute here.

Nort............There seems to be some desperation on your part, having to search for pics. LOTO wins. ...........You also may want to remove those pics from this thread and put them in the gallery. I got scolded for posting this type earlier...... nudge nudge wink wink.

Uncle Toys............Amy dancing on MY POLE .........well we would get in serious trouble if we posted that. :D

Audio............Your Pole.............lets clarify this, I believe I have that purchase on my Visa, and was instrumental in the engineering. However without the Hard work of you and your trusty sidekick Foul there would not have been any Pole, it was a colaborated effort. And we all know that the deed of said pole has been turned over to MissAmy to be brought back out for "The Shootout" weekend...............and well..........some special ocassions
:D :D

So There. !!!!

BK 05-30-2002 10:38 PM

Here's that report from Havasu, found on rec.sport.jetski newsgroup. :) Might as well post it since I can't get the link to work....:D

I thought it was pretty funny.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Subject: the havasu canal
Date: 5/27/2002 11:29 AM US Eastern Standard Time
Message-id: <[email protected]>

You know me and fish were discussing havasu this weekend and their is no
doubt that this is the most people we have ever seen their on a memorial
weekend! While sitting on the houseboat in the canal with all the og's I
feel their should be some laws enacted, if your wife or girlfriend or hooka
or whatever is gonna be dancing on the front of your boat while cruising
throught the canal, their has got to be some standards. If she has wrinkled
pancake boobs and a big belly then she should be arrested immediately for
taking her top off for inhumane exsposure! If shes not at least an 8 to a
ten please sit her down and just deal with the cards you have been dealt!
Lets not kill are eyesight with these eyesores, I know that alot of you guys
spent 3500 to 5000 on your wifes new chest but you forgot to fix the rest of
her, some of these girls were in need of 100 thousand at least!
I seen the cops grabbing some girls for pulling their tops off but some of
them were rightfully grabbed to prevent blindness!!!
And then I saw a 10 with a real good boob job make it all the way through
the canal exposing herself while another hot girl was playing with her
plastics, now that is what I want to see if I am gonna drive all the way
through the desert and then unload my ski and risk a ticket to get into the
canal to hang out with my og's. Please the world is watching, no fat or ugly
chicks should be allowed to dance on the front of boats while cruising the
canal. Lets keep havasu beautiful and are reputation in place.
Havasu is not about being politically correct! Now the worst thing I saw was
a fat black guy pulling his pants off and exposing his slong while dancing
very bad for a brother, I mean this clown had no rythm and should have been
arrested immediately, any guy of any color should be arrested for exsposing
himself, this is not palm springs or west hollywood, this is havasu, hetro
havasu, again this is not the place to be politically correct! When I was a
kid and their was no london bridge everyone would paint on their tents NO
FAT CHICKS well the rule still applys, fast chicks should go to some sort of
bakery/pizza/bon bon resort for memorial weekend where they can be happy and
excepted! I repeat havasu is not for the politically correct!!! And if your
a girl and your gonna dance on the front of a boat while cruising the canal,
spend some time at olympic garden is vegas to get your groove on, take some
dancing lessons, show some rythm and talent or sit your ass down!
This message was ment to offend everyone that it applies too~!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

buck183 05-30-2002 11:13 PM

BK,

I remember reading that post a couple of days ago. I remember some comment about the women getting tickets for showing their breasts!!!! What a travesty(sp)!!!!!!!!

Anyway, just started the post to see if anyone even went to Havasu. I remember seeing all kinds of people talking smack with us, but haven't heard from anybody other then Nort. It's Ok though, at least Nort isn't a bandwagon fan. Nice to see someone stick to their team even when their down. :D That's gotta count for something.

Carry on all........

Buck

WRedmann 05-30-2002 11:17 PM

Hey, the party cove pics were posted and it brought the board to its knees, the board gods needed to scramble to keep up with the traffic.

HavasuCat 05-30-2002 11:59 PM

Like I have stated before, Havasu is to f@#$ing crazy on the big three holiday weekends. Myself, and most of the people I know will not go near the place on the holiday weekends. It is crazy enough on the off weekends. I think this could account for a lot of people not going. Does LOTO ever get so crazy that people will stay away? I doubt it. But I am glad to see you guy had a good time, but it still looked a little tame compared to the Sand Bar, Copper Canyon, Steamboat ect... You guys need to get some pictures of those place, that is where the real action is happening, not in the channel.:cool:

LutzParty 05-31-2002 12:46 AM

Hey Cat.

Whatever.............

Does it ever get so crazy that we want to stay away? What foolish question. Why would we, of course it gets crazy and NO we never stay away.

You can find any phase of craziness at LOTO. Sometimes its on your boat and sometimes its right next door. :D :D So with that said it sounds like you should probably just stay away. :rolleyes:

Audiofn 05-31-2002 12:54 AM

DAMN LUTZ is on a tear!!!!!!! :D:D

Hey Havasucat: See at LOTO the lake is larger then my bathtub, so the crazyness can be spread out, but suffice it to say I have been to both places and ther is NO WAY that you can pysically put as many boats ANYWERE in Havasu as there were in the cove. In fact I think that just the cove is bigger then the "lake" part of Havasu. See at LOTO you have options. Options as to were to eat, options as to were to boat, options as to were to party, and options as to were to drop your hook :D:D I have a pan of the cove and it takes QUITE a while for me to pan over the whole crowed. In fact there were so many I just kept getting lost as to were I was and stopped, or I got distracted by the strippers that were next to us, or the girls driving by flashing or the DANCING POLE :D:D Oh ya Kevin you are right it was a group effort but how can we all not take that as a piece of my own :D:D Even POODLE WALLY!!!

Audiofn 05-31-2002 01:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Lutz waite a min we do have some competion from Havasu remember this picture :D:D

LutzParty 05-31-2002 01:54 AM

Jon
LOL.............how could i forget that babe.............(choking) ........

and I dont get it.............frop your hook.................I thought you didnt like to fish.............lol

MnFastBoat 05-31-2002 02:30 AM

Just thought I would bring back what I think is the original posting about the CHALLANGE!

Original Challange

nothing in the rules stating the amount of skin wins
the rules do state the most OSO members, boats,OSO thongs, etc.

This was to be about OSO NOT the amount of other people showing up.
Now with that, just how long was the OSO Tie off??

Lets stick to the rules people, not with your poles. :)

No reference to the Lutz Party pole of shame :)

Audiofn 05-31-2002 08:23 AM

I clicked on that link and knew what I was going to get :D:D:D

buck183 05-31-2002 09:51 AM

ROTFLMAO! That's too funny Troutly!

Hey Jon and Kevin, how many boats do you think were in the cove Sunday afternoon? I was guessing at least 2k if not 3k.

I do remember the rules being about the amount of OSO members. Pretty much the reason I brought it up, was still thinking we won.

Hey Kevin.......did someone say "stay away" on a Holiday weekend???????? PFFFFT! We drove 4.5 hours to be in the middle of it. I know people that drove 9 hrs and some more. Stay away....HAH! That's 90% of the reason I have my boat, is to enjoy the lake on a Holiday weekend.

I do like that fact that we have nothing better to argue about other then who can have a betteer time though. I think it's great anywhere we can get together. Wish we could have one big OSO blowout somewhere and have everyone come. It's kind of like arguing about my dad being bigger than your dad.

:p

Buck

MissAmy 05-31-2002 09:56 AM

Well said Buck! :)

Uncle Toys 05-31-2002 11:30 AM

Sorry Nort, it’s time for us to concede defeat. I was on the channel all day Saturday and the only OSO members I saw were Cat & Mice and Dustin Whipple. Unless other OSO members come forward, we are toast bro.

MnFastBoat 05-31-2002 03:31 PM

Just had to do my part to clarify the rules of engagement :)

And to think I was not even there. :(
at least maybe not in person but in my thoughts :):D

"I do like that fact that we have nothing better to argue about other then who can have a betteer time though. I think it's great anywhere we can get together. Wish we could have one big OSO blowout somewhere and have everyone come. It's kind of like arguing about my dad being bigger than your dad. "

I totally agree with a central meeting place

Kinda like our Chicago winter meeting

However, what is the best place for a summer event that would be large enough to handle ALL of OSO??
It wouldn't be LOTO by chance would it?? :D

By all means I think it may be the place.

centrally located

people from all directions already flock there

largest amount of condos and resorts on the water

enough dockage to accomadate all the boats

whose up for?????????

I say we start this a a major plan

maybe for next year. What about Jeffrey?? Care to sponsor you children into the largest one time gathering for all of OSO???

If others agree, let it be known. Maybe others can thing of a similar place? Maybe not :D

Mrgoodwrench 06-01-2002 12:10 AM

It does not take a holiday to bring out the large crowds to Havasu, I'm not sure about LOTO. But the photos posted by Phantomcaos are typical of any spring or summer weekend. I was in Havasu for Memorial Day and the 2 weeks prior. I can tell you the sandbar was totally outa control. Boobies everywhere! Maybe someday I'll make it down to LOTO.

BD 24VIP 06-01-2002 01:54 AM

Does not look huge to me!!

Originally posted by Troutly
Pix of the OSO raft off on Sunday you ask.....here it is :)
That looks like A LOT less boats than I saw at our "little" Lake Pleasant outside of Phoenix! Counted at least 4 raft-ups of 20+ boats and this lake does not come close to Havasu for crowds. Havasu kicks ass!!

BD 24VIP 06-01-2002 01:56 AM

Nice water??!!

What's up with the ****-brown water at LOTO?? Looks nasty.

mltdwn12 06-01-2002 09:24 AM

Originally posted by Too Old
I've seen the photos of LOTO. :)

I've also noticed the silence from our left coast brethren.

Where's the Havasu photos?

You won't see any photos of our once great gathering spot, the Sandbar. Things out here got so crazy. the law shut it down on holidays. Things went way beyond a little flashing, pole dancing, and some noise complaints :eek: When you have full on film production crews wandering around there you know it ain't for the boats!!! You guys need to count your blessings that you still have the cove, lucky %$#@#@. Alas, things at our Sandbar went too far, as things went further and further into the gutter it unfortunately brought along fights, stabbings and the wrong element that wasn't there for the boating. :( But we will soldlier on at our puddle with our little puddle boats. How long to the 4th??????

mltdwn12 06-01-2002 10:31 AM

Too Old, understood :D, and I too, was ignorant to the "rules" of the original challange. In such a case LOTO is the clear winner ;) given our "unorganized" methods of gathering at Havasu without the Sandbar! But Havasu or LOTO, looks like there was a lot of fun. Friend of mine goes back to LOTO every July. I've been tempted to do it again. I did it with him the first trip in '98. If we get the bigger boat, that would make the decision easier. Then I'd just have to deal with a hard 2 day drive and the chance of a rain out :( I'd hate to drive that far and end up on a rainy weekend. But, there's always the bars on the water I guess:D .

Craig

HavasuCat 06-02-2002 08:21 PM

Originally posted by LutzParty
Hey Cat.

Whatever.............

Does it ever get so crazy that we want to stay away? What foolish question. Why would we, of course it gets crazy and NO we never stay away.

You can find any phase of craziness at LOTO. Sometimes its on your boat and sometimes its right next door. :D :D So with that said it sounds like you should probably just stay away. :rolleyes:

Being that you have only been to Havasu once I guess you just would not understand. Try coming out on a holiday weekend sometime and you will see what I am talking about. We spent our memorial weekend boating on the Pacific Ocean in our new Cig (and saw a few other OSO members out there as well), the Havasu trip is this weekend for the Regatta for the HTM guys that were killed. Don't worry about me staying away, with the Pacific 10 minutes away, Havasu 4.5 hours away and the rest of the lakes out west I don't think you will see me at LOTO anytime soon. With that said, have a great summer.:cool:

LutzParty 06-02-2002 09:21 PM

And you have a great summer as well

Cat

Yes we have only been to Havasu one time and it was a great trip! :D Met some of the OSO crowd and several other boaters. We find as im sure you do too that boaters in general are great people.

I envy you having the whole pacific 10 minutes away. We have to drive for 3 hours to do our boating due to the fact that we leave our boats at LOTO. It is a great drive whenever we go, packing the kids in the car and cruising down the highway. Great Quality Family time. :D

This whole Havasu vs LOTO thing has been tongue in cheek bantering between the west coasters and the midwest coasters. Some take it toooooo serious and some have jumped into this at the end not knowing the levity involved.

No matter where you boat we are all the same. Looking to have fun enjoying a sport that is both relaxing and invigorating.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my statement to you to stay away. You really should come to LOTO and ck out our style of boating and partiing, if only Once. We came to Havasu Once and hope to come again, maybe even on a wild holiday weekend. I just hope they dont close things down, we are not used to that. nudge nudge wink wink.

Have fun and when you see the other OSOers on the water give them a hearty hello from the Midwest Coast crowd.

:D

PS we would love to come to San Diego and go boating sometime as well. We have been there many times in the Mission Bay area but never to boat. There are some very nice boats in the Marina there.