Your state could be next!!!

Notices

Your state could be next!!!

Old 06-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
When your 185F degree coffee spills on you because the fast food restaurant employee fails to properly put on the lid, who will call after the doctor/ambulance/burn center? That's right, the lawyer.

I do not do PI work, only criminal and traffic. Technicalities? It is called being a smart lawyer and knowing what to do and not a dumb ass lawyer who is unaware of what technicalities to raise (legal argument).

Technicalities, a word I never use. I call it knowing the law.

Clearly guilty, you never know the whole story, just what makes the headlines (sensationalism).

When the sh*t hits the fan, you will call a lawyer to minimize damage, or get you out of trouble.
Smarty,
I agree 100%. I have an Excellent attorney here in Orlando, that is there for me, 24/7 for anything I have a issue with. He is worth his weight in gold, (and he played football @ Vanderbilt, Middle Linebacker, 6'3' 285) so that is alot of GOLD! Same old crap, no one likes lawyers, until they need a one!
Have a great weekend.
Dean
Old 06-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
Your honor we the OSO jury find fountan4402 guilty on count A of being uptight. As well as count B of being a argumentative dueche bag.
+1 !!!!!!!!!!!

biggest tool bag we had around here in a while.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Why would he ever need a lawyer? He is perfect. And if he ever made a mistake, he would welcome the consequences as justice served. And of course, he would never take advantage of a technicality. You know, like when a cop testifies he pulled him over for crossing the center line (on a road you later learn had no center line) and when he searched the vehicle, he found a marijuana seed his kid dropped on the floor months earlier.
Funny you mentioned the marijuana seed, and getting a drug charge, that sh*t happens. Especially with the coke and heroin users who have a empty bag, cleaned up their life (clean and sober) but forget to clean their car and have an empty drug baggie with a spec of residue then get pulled over, and alllow a search. As they say, sh*t happens, I clean up the sh*t. I am a glorified janitor!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Smarty,
I agree 100%. I have an Excellent attorney here in Orlando, that is there for me, 24/7 for anything I have a issue with. He is worth his weight in gold, (and he played football @ Vanderbilt, Middle Linebacker, 6'3' 285) so that is alot of GOLD! Same old crap, no one likes lawyers, until they need a one!
Have a great weekend.
Dean
6'3" 285lb, that is one intimidating attorney! Good to be big and smart. I am only 5'10 210 lbs, not as athletic as your guy, far less intimadating. But to some clients I am a life saver, which is true.

Last edited by Smarty; 06-10-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: spelling error corrected, don't want to appear to be a dumb ass
Old 06-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
6'3" 285lb, that is one intimadating attorney! Good to be big and smart. I am only 5'10 210 lbs, not as athletic as your guy, far less intimadating. But to some clients I am a life saver, which is true.
Smarty,
Yeah he's intimadating in size, but he's very calculating, and he is always on the offensive, attack mode, even though he played defense in school. And all I know is it took me awhile to find him, and when I ask him, "Kevin, please take care of this"......., Oh, man, it's kinda fun to watch him do his job.
Dean
Old 06-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

This is to the originator of this post. Please feel free to contact Josh Lee at [email protected] . He would like to speak to you aout representation. He handles mostly DUI cases. This law doesnt come into effect until August. I'm with a few others here thinking there is more to the story than what were hearing. Irregardless, if you need representation, HES YOUR MAN!!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered

Anybody who got fired up at one certain member on this thread like I did. Please take 30 seconds to look in the 'stolen / beware ' section. Its kinda funny what happened to him, and ill bet he contacted a lawyer on that one!!! LOL
Old 06-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

The very idea that anyone could be arrested for bui in a houseboat at anchor is assinine. If the houseboat was under way, the usual rules should apply.

However, a houseboat at anchor is a house on the water and should be treated the same as any other house. There is absolutely no difference between between being tied to a slip or bring at anchor. In fact, it is much easier to untie from a slip than it is to retrieve an anchor. I know because I owned a houseboat for 4 fun-filled years.

Total B.S. law and I hope that my nieghbors in Oklahoma can get crazy law repealed. Good luck and may common sense prevail.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

NOBODY LIKES A LAWYER TILL THEY NEED ONE!!! Wise words, I don't know what is up your azz mr fountain 4402 but maybe this forum is a little different then what you are used to, lifelong friendships on here cross state lines and go back along ways !
As far as boarding peoples boats with no due cause just to harass someone at anchor looking for a dui bust is com plete bull*hit. We went thru something similar around here a few years ago, the local county sheriffs department decided to start interpreting the law to allow them to enter local bars, walk up to each patron and demand that they submit to breathelizers, if legally drunk they were citing people for public intoxication, and the bar was cited for serving a intoxicated patron. If they refused they were arrested for disorderly conduct or obstruction of justice. The bar owners very quickly were in a big uproar and it ended but it still itimidated people into not going to the bar. I like to have a drink once in a while but rarely frequent bars but I still think it was total bs. Now I could be all high and mighty like mr founttain 4402 and say they are getting what they deserved, after all why should anyone be out having a good time????? Smitty
Old 06-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
We went thru something similar around here a few years ago, the local county sheriffs department decided to start interpreting the law to allow them to enter local bars, walk up to each patron and demand that they submit to breathelizers, if legally drunk they were citing people for public intoxication, and the bar was cited for serving a intoxicated patron. If they refused they were arrested for disorderly conduct or obstruction of justice. The bar owners very quickly were in a big uproar and it ended but it still itimidated people into not going to the bar. Smitty
Wow! That is sobering (pun intended). Apparently that sheriff forgot the 18th Amendment was repealed...in 1933.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.