Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Your state could be next!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/255174-your-state-could-next.html)

scarab63 06-15-2011 10:12 AM

Yes sir. Your 100% correct. As usual

scarab63 06-15-2011 10:17 AM

Ps hope that rotted out turd you bought is serving you well. My opinion on that one... look at a 20+ year old boat in person before you buy it! !! Am I correct on that opinion?

REDS32 06-15-2011 12:36 PM

If your trying to get some where in life a good lawyer or two or three are needed in so many situations. Buying houses,starting a business ,bui DUI,the list goes on and on. Lawyers when you need one can make the difference when **** hits the fan. It's a fukk or be fukked world we live in. The guy without the lawyer is usually the one bent over crying like a whore!

Smarty 06-15-2011 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by TCBoss302 (Post 3429601)
3 years for a DUI?

No, sorry I should been more descriptive. The client/defendant was on Probation for drug offenses and caught a new distribution charge while on Probation. He was sentenced to three years, and three years really minimized the damage.

In New Jersey a third conviction for BUI or DUI the convicted person will serve 180 days in the county jail. It does get serious. But I am very good at what I do, so there are a few "technicalities" I can use if the facts fit on the prior DUI conviction which could keep the defendant out of jail even if found guilty on the new thrid offense charge.

I am being a smart ass with the use of the word technicalities, it is knowing the correct application of the law (case law) for the situation.

VtSteve 06-15-2011 05:28 PM

I've always thought the best advice was this. If you get into a situation where you've had too much to drink, park it and call a cab. If on the water, well you just shouldn't have done it in the first place. Anchor or keep it docked.
Chit happens, but you should learn from it.

Have any of the lawyers looked through this law to see if it fits the thread title?

PhantomChaos 06-15-2011 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fountain4402 (Post 3429692)
Nope higher than that. I know what your getting at. And I think the divide is your a lawyer, I'm in the enforcement arena. Laywers jobs are to pick apart the law to find small mistakes that the justice system made or to confuse a jury on what the law or case really is. Enforcements job is to enforce the law how they sometimes interpret the law, sometimes they do bad and sometimes do good. Theres just a lot of big talk in here and everything I've see is you dont get away with it, and the ones that do SPEND big money.

A peice of advice for you all out there your best defense is silence. Most of the time COPS do not have evidence on you they talk you into telling the whole story. You dont know how many times in court Ive seen defendants come in and the COPS didnt have anything on them, and the defendents talking themselves into a conviction. Personally on a lot of things dont waste your time on a lawyer, if and when you get arrested dont say anything, but dont be a pain in the ace either. Get to court plead the fifth, the burden of proof on the prosecution.

Originally Posted by Fountain4402 (Post 3429694)
exactly know your role guy, go fill a glass up with ice and pour yourself some shut the hell up juice. Be a good boy and wait to be spoken too.

Its better to have an opinion even if its wrong than no opinion and be a mindless bafoon like yourself.

You sure are a cocky know-it-all for someone your age. I need to roll my pants up your BS is so DEEP. Where do you get this crap "Its better to have an opinion even if its wrong than no opinion". LOL

At times it's better to take a step back instead of stepping it up a notch each time. That is something you will learn with maturity. :evilb::drink: Be safe and enjoy your summer!

X-Rated30 06-16-2011 12:50 AM

A peice of advice for you all out there your best defense is silence. Most of the time COPS do not have evidence on you they talk you into telling the whole story.

Just when I was about to compliment you on more good advice, you do this:

Personally on a lot of things dont waste your time on a lawyer...

Whatever. He who has himself as a lawyer has a fool for a client.

Also, I wasn't being dismissive or derogatory towards MP's. Just like any other occupation, there are good and bad. So what is your job? (PS - if you give the "top secret, national security" answer, these dudes are never gonna let you live it down.

X-Rated30 06-16-2011 12:53 AM

Its better to have an opinion even if its wrong than no opinion and be a mindless bafoon like yourself.

Whatever happened to "Better to remain silent and look like a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt"?:drink:

X-Rated30 06-16-2011 12:56 AM

exactly know your role guy, go fill a glass up with ice and pour yourself some shut the hell up juice.

And while you are at it, bring me a 55 gallon drum of this stuff! To hell with roofying chics, I am going around the bar with it on tap for them and making the world a better place!!!!:lolhit: