Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Your state could be next!!! >

Your state could be next!!!

Notices

Your state could be next!!!

Old 06-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think your budy stands a good chance of beating this espically if there were other people on board that were capable of driving even if they were over the age of 14 as long as they have a valid Oklahoma boaters license. Just because he's a cop doesn't mean he's right. This might help
http://www.duiarresthelp.com/states/...a/dui-laws.php

Last edited by powercat; 06-06-2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: content
Old 06-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

I'm not sure if this is true or not because I have never put it to the test..BUT..as a FYI... A lawyer friend of mine told me that if I ever got pulled over and was asked to take a breathalizer test I should say these words "I will take this test in the presence of my Lawyer". Obviosly by the time your lawyer gets to the station your b.a.l. will have gotten much better.. I know this won't rectify the problem on the water...especially getting "removed" from the boat but it may help in the long run.

It's Kind of ironic that your having this issues with marine patrol. NY just cut funding for marine patrols all over the state. I was talking to my local Sheriff the other day. He informed me they might not even put the marine patrol boat in the water this year. It's kind of good but could also be kind of bad especially if somebody gets into a jam.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:14 AM
Registered

Boy this new OK law is bull. I can't believe they could even do that. We need to stop this from happening in other states.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
Problem is no one does anything about it, people let small stuff go by and dont realize that you give the law an inch and they will stick their whole foot up your behind.. Until the people rise up and take back this country nothing will change and it can only get worse.
Take note fellows, this is the way it happens. complacentcy of the population is how they have gotten this far. Oh and by the way the former president,leader or principal of MADD was arrested for DUI in Gainesville,Fla in may or april of this year. Go figure?........................................... ..Rjr................................

Last edited by Robertjr; 06-06-2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: wrong city
Old 06-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Water Nazi's

Watch out the Gestopo is coming! They tax the beer and alcohol and gain revenue arresting the citiznry that buy it! The water is the last bastion of freedom in this country and they want to screw with it. "They" know whats best for us!? I beg to differ! Stand up and fight my fellow men and women! Its time to get involved!.......................................Rj r...................................
Old 06-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Robertjr
Take note fellows, this is the way it happens. complacentcy of the population is how they have gotten this far. Oh and by the way the former president,leader or principal of MADD was arrested for DUI in Gainesville,Fla in may or april of this year. Go figure?........................................... ..Rjr................................
Cops were just picking on her because she's so hot!

http://hypervocal.com/news/2011/what...ted-for-dui-2/
Old 06-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

BUMMER!

Let me get this right... LEO can pull you over (underway) and give the person sitting in the back seat a BUI?

OR If everyone onboard (anchored) points at one person who is sober and is the "captain," LEO can still take anyone in for BUI?

I know of a few people who keep the the local LEO in business as it is!!!

Does anyone have a link to this law in writing?

Last edited by VortechSS; 06-06-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
i dont see the big deal, shouldnt be a differance between a boat and car. And you shouldnt be drinking while operating a boat anyways. Its kind of rediculous seeing people get all bent because they cant drink or drink as much. Is alcohol really that important and you cant have fun without it.
Yep, you and your buddies go out to a local restaurant, they have a few cocktails, you agree to be the "designated driver" get pulled over on the way home, you pass the test, but your buddies all fail and get hauled away, that is what this is saying. Comprende?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
That may be somebody interpretation to the law. I doubt its written that way, I would like to see how it reads. Maybe its a little loose on how it's read. A lot of people see new laws and freak out and think OMG we cant do anything.

Im all about drinking and love doing it, but me personally if it were up to me the DRIVE and driver only of a car, boat, motorcycle, etc would be ZERO tolerance. No drinks at all. Personally I think well see that somebody due to all the idiots and the BS and confusion that goes along with it. Be alot easier knowing you cant drink at all vs can I have one or three
I agree, However, if I read it correctly, it doesn't matter if the boat is moving or anchored for the night..or for that matter parked at a dock. If your on the boat and your drinking you could get a BUI ticket......which is a load of $hit IMO.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

So because Easley stepped down and NOBODY is running the Hen house they are going crazy.
They better have one hell of a big paddy wagon cause everybody in Drip is going down!
Guess the partys on MY dock boys.

Also they were asking people WHATs in your cup? BS!!

Last edited by Quinlan; 06-06-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.