Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Your state could be next!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/255174-your-state-could-next.html)

Quinlan 06-06-2011 07:24 PM

Next they will tell me I cant have Blue lights on MY dock!
Wait they already did/ Fuk em

bert4332 06-06-2011 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by scarab63 (Post 3421753)
......................All middle easterners are terrorist? ??..........................

DUH!!!!!!!

JK

On Time 06-06-2011 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 3421876)
I don't have a front license plate on my car....... :D

I don't either. Lexus SC 430 doesn't look good with one.

BIGSLOW 06-06-2011 10:18 PM

Don't cops have to have a warrant or probable cause to enter a residence (houseboat)? Can water patrol pull you over to do a safety check if you have done nothing wrong? Seems to me like any good lawyer could shred these charges to pieces, with either profiling, entrapment, or unlawful entry arguements.

44MTI 06-06-2011 10:46 PM

https://www.sos.ok.gov/documents/leg.../1R/SB/324.pdf

Here is the link to the new law.

frankenstein 06-07-2011 12:38 AM

It's all a bunch of B S. I'm so glad that my wife and I decided not to bring any children into this screwed up country. Freedom my a$$.

Jsceen 06-07-2011 01:12 AM

I don't know about anybody else but I come to the conclusion that Oklahoma sucks....at least boating wise.

Originally Posted by Tigeman (Post 3420827)
So a few months ago OK passed our new BUI law. We had always been .1 on the water and .08 on the road. I have zero problem with boating regulations being on par with vehicle limits. While I may not like the .08 opposed to the .1, I see the merits and won't raise hell about it. That said it's what they snuck in with the law that's totally F'd up!

You can now receive a BUI even if anchored. So if your in a house boat, or a boat w/ a cabin and planning on staying the night you can receive a BUI. If your anchored up, and playing hanky panky w/ the misses down below, and your both liquored up.... yep BUI. In addition, your passengers can now receive one as well. The passenger stipulation was wrote to keep people from saying, well, I'm not driving, he is....then that guy saying no, he is. Etc. etc. But it's so open ended that if you get a prick lake patrol (and we all know that guy).... then even your passengers are screwed.

Well the anchored up provision got a friend of mine this weekend. We were anchored up in a cove at Grand this weekend on a houseboat. We had been there since Friday and had 2 other boats tied up for runabout purposes. Well sat afternoon water patrol came up and tells us he's coming aboard for a safety check. Everything is good there but he asks the capt of the houseboat to submit to a sobriety test. Of course he says what for? We're not driving and we're anchored up and inside not outside. He says that doesn't matter now. Doc refuses and patrolman tells him he's under arrest for suspicion of BUI. So I began to question the patrolman about the validity since we're anchored and obviously staying the night there. His backup who recently arrived tells me to sit "my ass down" and shut up before I get a BUI too. Of course I'm kind of offended as my boats tied up outside and I'm going nowhere. I mention that, he tells us it no longer matters. So I sit down and shut up while we try and keep the kids calm as they're crying as dad gets hauled off for drinking a few beers on his "residence" for the weekend. I had seen the details of this law a while back and tried to fight it, but none of our legislators would fight it for fear of the backlash. I never thought the lake patrol here would push the passenger and anchored up issues, as most the guys I've met are pretty cool. Well apparently I was wrong.

The same person who wrote this legislation is now pushing through a 55mph speed limit on all state lakes. So batten down the hatches boys, as there's a **** storm coming our way!

On Time 06-07-2011 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by frankenstein (Post 3422324)
I'm so glad that my wife and I decided not to bring any children into this screwed up country.

THAT SIR IS PRECISELY WHAT OUR ENEMIES WANT

THAT IS WHY THE GOVERNMENT MAINTAINS OUR POROUS SOUTHERN BORDER

TO REPLACE THE LOST GENERATION THE BOOMERS ARE NOT HAVING

LAriverratt 06-07-2011 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Fountain4402 (Post 3421671)
you bring up some good points. And I dont think the at anchor thing is going to be the norm as much as discretion for officers to use. Im thinking its more of a way for people to not get away with oh im parked so you cant get me. Its the samething with a car thats parked if keys are in the ignition you have intent to drive. And 98% of people pulled up in a party cove arent staying the night.

Me personally if I was cop I would just sit from a far and watch with binoculars, and only intervene in a crisis. Or I would wait till people leave to go home then hammer them on their way out.

thank god you're in new york!!! please stay there!!!!:drink: THE DISCRETION OF THE OFFICER???? yea the are all top notch and law abiding and would never overstep the bounds of the law :lolhit::lolhit::kiss: