Like Tree0Likes

Yellow 42 Fountain in Buffalo

Reply
Old 06-10-2011, 08:29 AM
  #11
Registered
 
Downtown42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 1 Flu Ovr KuKos Nest-WI
My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD
Posts: 9,950
Default

2001 42 Pair A Dice ran 117-118 full cabin and 900 SC Merc's.

Downtown42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:36 AM
  #12
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
Ohio Steel?
Nope. Here's Ohio Steel...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o39404-en.html
cubicinches is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:38 AM
  #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousnolan View Post
That one has a little extra LOVE if it is the one I think it is, and if it is I've been 119 on GPS in it.
And here's the one you're talking about...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o39805-en.html
cubicinches is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:12 AM
  #14
Registered
 
Downtown42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 1 Flu Ovr KuKos Nest-WI
My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD
Posts: 9,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicinches View Post
And here's the one you're talking about...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o39805-en.html
Sure looks like x-Pair A Dice!

He had a 3rd bolster that popped in and out between the front 2, used for racing. Kinda neat, never seen that option before.
Downtown42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:06 AM
  #15
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gurnee IL
My Boats: 42 fountain
Posts: 651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Storm View Post
With twin 900's I would think that a 42 fountain would run at least 125 mph...
nice
fountainfan42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:07 AM
  #16
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Tonawanda, NY
My Boats: 42' Fountain. 900s / #6's
Posts: 105
Default

The boat referred to in this posting is mine. Bought it earlier this spring. Yes the boat did come from Georgia. It's a 2001 with Merc 900 SC's & #6's. I have only had it out a couple times so far, but it does run very good! Looking forward to some great days on it out on the Niagara River & Lake Erie. One of our local poker runs the WNY Fun Run is tomorrow (with the rain date on Sunday). So I'm looking forward to trying her out on that...
crazylt1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:34 AM
  #17
Member #9
Charter Member
 
hp500efi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pewaukee, WI
Posts: 4,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown42 View Post
2001 42 Pair A Dice ran 117-118 full cabin and 900 SC Merc's.


Dave, what ever happened to these guys?. At one time they were everywhere showboating and now nothing. I knew he was in the home construction business so perhaps that went South along with the team.
__________________
Member of the Liquid Jungle
hp500efi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:47 AM
  #18
Registered
 
Downtown42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 1 Flu Ovr KuKos Nest-WI
My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD
Posts: 9,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp500efi View Post
Dave, what ever happened to these guys?. At one time they were everywhere showboating and now nothing. I knew he was in the home construction business so perhaps that went South along with the team.
Last I talked with him his back was in tough shape and took a beating racing in the MTI. He built high end custom homes and obviously did well thru out the years. I think he got out of boating well before the economy tanked.

Looks like he is into auto racing now. Hope all is well with you !!

http://www.pair-a-dice-motorsports.c...e/Welcome.html
Downtown42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:48 AM
  #19
Registered
 
Downtown42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 1 Flu Ovr KuKos Nest-WI
My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD
Posts: 9,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylt1 View Post
The boat referred to in this posting is mine. Bought it earlier this spring. Yes the boat did come from Georgia. It's a 2001 with Merc 900 SC's & #6's. I have only had it out a couple times so far, but it does run very good! Looking forward to some great days on it out on the Niagara River & Lake Erie. One of our local poker runs the WNY Fun Run is tomorrow (with the rain date on Sunday). So I'm looking forward to trying her out on that...
Good luck, that is a great set up you have there !!
Downtown42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:19 PM
  #20
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Default

I've been 107 in it - very smooth and great ride!
jleavoy2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.