Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   One way to steal some engines (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/255379-one-way-steal-some-engines.html)

SHAWN DAVIS 06-08-2011 01:07 PM

read my post above
not fake

SDFever 06-08-2011 01:38 PM

Straight Cut

This was a wrecking yard cut with not a lot of experience to do it.

The accuracy of the cut makes people think it took a while.. Not so.

The one that was done here in town actually cut a rub-rail screw in half during the first and only cut.. Crazy.

cheech 06-08-2011 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta (Post 3424353)
WTF - Has to be fake! It would have been easier and less time consuming to steal the whole boat! Heck, they got the serial numbers with the transom so they have the part with the most liability anyway!

I'm sure they did, then took what they wanted then kindly returned it somewhere.

bluellama 06-08-2011 02:35 PM

WTF - Has to be fake! It would have been easier and less time consuming to steal the whole boat! Heck, they got the serial numbers with the transom so they have the part with the most liability anyway!

A 5 ton flat bed with a HIAB lift, tarp it down and nobody knows there is a boat under wraps.

A friend had his 30 Velocity stolen years ago, didn't know it was gone, gets a phone call in the middle of the night from the police..... excuse me sir, your 20 foot baot is burning on a back road, I own a 30 foot boat, well there is 20 feet of boat burning with your reg. #'s on it. They cut the last 10 feet off, loaded evrything and drove away.
If he would have noticed it gome before the police called him, they would have been looking for a 30 foot boat on a trailer, not 10 feet of something under a tarp on a flat bed.

TEAMBAJA 06-08-2011 02:36 PM

It would have been easier and less time consuming to steal the whole boat!

Nah, then they just have more sh*t to cut up and dispose of.

Its a shame, they did nice work. We probably could have hired them back in hole-cut at Baja and made an honest living.:drink:

SS930 06-08-2011 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS (Post 3424200)
That was our Spectre "TOP CAT" had our 1300 hp whipple blown motors, we sold it to a fellow Dave Suddoth up in Colorado. Had B max drives and ran right at 170 mph. That thing would accelerate like a monster.
Gess he had it for a year or so then we heard about the "half off" situation!
ps anyone sees one bright yellow 572's w r980 whipples same color you know where they came from!

Shawn, any pics of the engines you can post? It would be nice to have them 'seen' here so we all know what exactly to look for... ;)

SHAWN DAVIS 06-08-2011 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3424555)
Shawn, any pics of the engines you can post? It would be nice to have them 'seen' here so we all know what exactly to look for... ;)

I posted one close to the ones stolen, just the blowers, valvecovers blocks were yellow in the Spectre. In the photo
section.

The entire boat was stolen, taken from a storage facility, turned up a few months later cut.

glassdave 06-08-2011 04:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000 (Post 3424103)
seems like its too straight and smooth of a cut for a sawzaw ???

I bought a Sthil gas powered 14" diamond partner saw for just this kind of thing (not striping stolen boats :D) I've purchased several boats for drivelines or trailers and use it to cut up whats left and with a large diameter blade its very easy to do long very straight cuts. That cut would have taken maybe a minute and a half possibly two minutes at most. I've done it, rigging, cables, rubrail, etc. all still in boat and it cut right through everything like butter lol.

(editors note- this was not Cardshark :D)

Wet-N-Wild 06-09-2011 10:10 PM

WOW!!!! very sad:(

FullAuto9 06-09-2011 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rottiguy (Post 3423929)
I could use the switch panel and the throttles...

You can get the switch panels from jay, he probably knows who made the throttles. Give him a call 727-773-5603 he has my boat right now, putting new through bolted rub rail on it and replacing the through hull hyd fittings for the trim cylinders.

When I got my panels from him I didn't think they would fit because of the curve, but they were perfect.