Wilson Custom Marine........

Notices

Wilson Custom Marine........

Old 08-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boating37
here's Craig Wilsons # 772-285-3562, give him a call. I was very skeptical about getting it done at first, but he took one look at my drives and said is your boat doing this and that, and I was like yes those are the problems Im having. Give them to me and I will fix that, ok take them if anything the handling will be better, I thought. I got them back boat drives straight as an arrow and I was able to go 11mph faster and have more in the boat, still playing with props. And 106 to 117 was running the same props.
What boat and what power?
Old 08-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SlickNick and anyone interested.... We have been blueprinting and reshpaing drives for many many years. (25+)
Mark Wilson ( my father ) really got the 6 Drive dialed in, whilst helping the Victory Team in Dubai. You can read on our website just some of the people we have worked with and still do! Vern at West coast drives, Johnny Tomlinson, Jason at XXX, Brian Forehand are just a few of our best customers that we have worked with for many years.
Some drives are worse than others and some results are better than others, but it really helps with the handling, and when the handling is better, you are able to run the boat harder, thus giving you speed. Give me a call if you want. We are slammed at the moment with drives for LOTO, but we'll fit you in. (772) 285 3562
Craig
Old 08-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by boating37
Well just got back from Jacksonville Poker Run, and ran my boat for the first time after sending my lower units on my 6 drives, out to get Blue Printed by Wilson Custom Marine.
Well the out come was great, the handling was 100 times better, ran straight as a arrow. We also picked up 11 mph or were able to drive the boat to those speeds cause of the handling so much better. Wow great out come........
V-Bottom or Cat ?

Size, Power, etc. ?

Thanks for sharing great news

Jon
Old 08-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cougarman
V-Bottom or Cat ?

Size, Power, etc. ?

Thanks for sharing great news

Jon
Boat is a 39 Nor-Tech Super V with 1000 Zul's
Old 08-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by wcmarine
SlickNick and anyone interested.... We have been blueprinting and reshpaing drives for many many years. (25+)
Mark Wilson ( my father ) really got the 6 Drive dialed in, whilst helping the Victory Team in Dubai. You can read on our website just some of the people we have worked with and still do! Vern at West coast drives, Johnny Tomlinson, Jason at XXX, Brian Forehand are just a few of our best customers that we have worked with for many years.
Some drives are worse than others and some results are better than others, but it really helps with the handling, and when the handling is better, you are able to run the boat harder, thus giving you speed. Give me a call if you want. We are slammed at the moment with drives for LOTO, but we'll fit you in. (772) 285 3562
Craig
Think there is much Speed available in a Single Engine 30' V-bottom?

Left Hand Drive #6

114 mph any day of the week,....but pretty much stuck there

Skater suggested putting a torque tab on the rear of the skeg?

Friend of mines boat, but we have been actively discussing you as an option.

Thanks
Jon
Attached Thumbnails Wilson Custom Marine........-check300-13.jpg   Wilson Custom Marine........-p9060152.jpg   Wilson Custom Marine........-check300-3.jpg  

Wilson Custom Marine........-check300-5.jpg   Wilson Custom Marine........-check300-6.jpg  

Last edited by cougarman; 08-12-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

Jon,
I believe we have spoken to you , or your pal. I have these pictures already. We can help you for sure!
Send us the drive. ( we have the capabilites to do them full or empty!! )
Craig
Old 08-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jon,
I believe we have spoken to you , or your pal. I have these pictures already. We can help you for sure!
Send us the drive. ( we have the capabilites to do them full or empty!! )
Craig

Craig,

Yes we did speak, guess I was asking now how you felt about a Torque Tab on the rear of the skeg?

Ever go that route along with the blue printing?

Pete @ Skater felt that much power and torque on a single may be trying to push the drive through the water sideways.

Thanks
Jon
Old 08-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Registered

Jon,
We haven't suggested a torque tab to anyone. As big as the 6 drive is , especially, on your boat, it is crucial to get it perfect. You will notice a big difference once you have it blueprinted.

Craig
Old 08-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Registered

Good enough for me.....

"Below is a list of just a few to give you some examples:

- Fountain Powerboats Kilo record run
- Cat Killer Fountain Powerboat
- CRC race team
- CMS racing
- Talkin' Trash
- Micckosukee Indian gaming
- Yachts Fountain
- Team Hard Rock / Instigator
- Stampede
- watch your back
- Global warmer
- Twisted metal motorsports
- Don Q rum
- Pro Marine

This list can go on and on.......

The poker run scene holds the majority of our market. We have blueprinted drives for the fastest Poker Run boats out there. At LOTO 2010 our drives were on the top ten fastest boats with Stern Drives."
Old 09-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

SlickNick and anyone interested.... We have been blueprinting and reshpaing drives for many many years. (25+)... (772) 285 3562
Craig
Craig, sounds very interesting to say the least---would it be safe to assume that your blueprint mods on the Merc #6 drive would get the same results within the midrange crusing speeds as it would at Wide Open Throttle with the same boat/power/props? I mean, is the improvement in speed at most any RPM from something like 3300rpm up to the top---say 6000rpm for us little feller weekend warrior dudes who are NOT always runnin' around with our arsses on fire???

I know each boat is different and there are always many variables---but I am curious to know what a boater could generally and reasonably expect from the midrange to the top with your blueprint mods on the #6 drive? Thanx

Last edited by KAAMA; 09-11-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.