Wilson Custom Marine........ >

Wilson Custom Marine........

Notices

Wilson Custom Marine........

Old 09-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kaama, it will help across the board.
Being a racer, I have put our own blueprinting to "work" and really documented the improvements and where they were most noticeable.
Lets start at getting on plane: The way we re-shape the drive makes it much more hydrodynamic. The flow of water to the propeller is now cleaner, so this creates less cavitation, so it makes getting on plane quicker, easier and with less RPM.
Now, once on plane and running, even at a cruise speed, the same clean flow to the propeller gives you less cavitation, more forward bite thus creating better speeds at same RPM.
Now bring into to equation the "trueing" of the drive that we do. Every skeg is either off center, twisted or just simply bent in relation to the upper part of the drive. This can create many situations: toe in , toe out, and so on...
These scenarios wreak havoc on the water flow to the propeller and also to the handling of your boat.
Let me paint a picture in your head. Picture your drive as it sits now on your boat. Nice and blunt, fat, twisted, bent, toed in or out, and even a little off center..... WOW... Ok, now picture yourself cruising at 50 mph, and that fat, twisted, bent and whatever else we can call it, drive getting pushed through the water. The water is twisting, hitting, churning and bubbling as it goes over the drive... DIRECTLY onto your lovely, expensive set of propellers.
What the water is also doing, is pushing back hard against this ugly out of shape piece of metal, and causing a huge amount of drag.
At the same time the water is giving your drive a hard time, your lovely set of propellers are now saying " screw this" I need to find some clean water that I can really push with, and they now go on the hunt for it.
So, now you have your drive getting beaten up by the water, you have your drive that doesnt know in what direction it wants to go and then on top of all of that your propeller is getting terrible water and cannot perform.
Sounds like a recipe for bad performance doesnt it !!!?
Of course, the faster you go the worse it gets.
You now find yourself with a boat that doesnt plane without going to high RPM, the cruise is not at all efficient, the boat hunts around, and then when you want to open her up and see what she has, the chine walking, transom walking, out of control feeling just plain and simply scares you. That doesnt sound like a good days boating!!!!
We can solve all of this. We have spent years perfecting what we do.
We have blueprinted thousands of drives over the years. We have never had an unhappy customer.
Our number one goal is not top speed. Its making your boat more stable, smoother and best of all safer!!!! With this recipe, speed is on the menu for dessert!!!

I hope this helps a little with understanding what we do, what you spend your money on and what you can expect to see.

Please contact me if you have any other questions. 1 (772) 285 3562.

All the best

Craig
Old 09-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Craig,

Great explaination. ...............

One more question, Kaama and I discussed your company the other day. Kaama has the older style skegs on his #6 drives
instead of a swept back.

Do you change them to s swept back or leave them as is in his application?

Thanks
Jon
Old 09-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered

We leave them as is. Infact the drives we did , that started this thread, has the old style skegs on them.
I spoke with Kaama on the phone this morning, he mentioned about talking to you.
We are looking forward to working on your friends drive with the Checkmate. He would notice a huge difference.
Like I mentioned to Kaama on the phone, we have been around for a long time, we have worked with the best of the best in the powerboating world. We just dont advertise and we like to keep our ego's so that they still fit in our heads....
We take huge pride in what we do!

All the best

Craig D. Wilson
Old 09-12-2011, 01:37 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As soon as my boat season is over I'm sending WCM my imco lower and prop. Talked with them threw email and they seem on the up and up.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered

We look forward to getting it CLA
Old 09-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Registered

Default Wilsons

Originally Posted by CLA
As soon as my boat season is over I'm sending WCM my imco lower and prop. Talked with them threw email and they seem on the up and up.
You wont find a better group of guys & they are amazing at what they do.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Craig thank you for your genorous response---and it was also a pleasure speaking with you on the phone this morning.

Mark/KAAMA
Old 09-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Registered

WC, do you work on OB sportmaster drives also?
Old 09-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They sold me on that explaination, you wont e sorry getting your drives done.WCM see you guys at the clearwater races.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:13 AM
Registered

X-driver, we do all types of drives. We did lowers for the Hooters 4 engine 38 Fountain Center Console a few years back.
We deal with the best of the best: Johnny Tomlinson, Brian Forehand, Reggie Fountain, west coast drives, Peter Hledin, Gary Stray.... the list goes on and on.
They all know what it takes to get these boats to run as fast and good as they are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.