Notices

Great price on an OL?

Old 06-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
What's wrong with triples? I'm on my second and after all the hype against them, I don't get it.
For me the means doesn't justify the end...More fuel, more maintanence on an extra motor and a drive, more weight, more room needed and the gain in speed isn't very much.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
I'm amazed they'd even sell an OL with bravos!
X2...
Old 06-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
What is the actual weight of an epoxy 51 with trip 600's and bravo's?
Approx 11,500lbs. On the triple comment with proper hull design and proper wight distribution different things can be achieved speed being one of them. A newer 52SL with staggered 1075's runs conservativley 120mph and the triple version conservativly 135mph. Both full cabin loaded to the top boats.

Last edited by OL40SVX; 06-16-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
X2...
The owners previous 51 Outerlimits had triple 575 and bravos. He liked it so much he ordered this triple 600 bravo boat. A triple 525 42 Outerlimits is a great boat as well that can run 100 and not blow drives.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
Approx 11,500lbs. On the triple comment with proper hull design and proper wight distribution different things can be achieved speed being one of them. A newer 52SL with staggered 1075's runs conservativley 120mph and the triple version conservativly 135mph. Both full caboin loaded to the top boats.
im not questioning your information but when i look up an epoxy hull 46 limited on outerlimits website it lists a weight of 12k lbs. how does a 51 with more hardware (extra drive and engine) get lighter?

http://www.outerlimitspowerboats.com/46Limited.htm
Old 06-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
For me the means doesn't justify the end...More fuel, more maintanence on an extra motor and a drive, more weight, more room needed and the gain in speed isn't very much.
While I've always agreed with what you're saying, to a certain degree the lower maintenance intervals and problems associated with smaller power might offset that of the increased issues with two engines with 'big power'.

I wouldn't mind having a tripple 600 boat of this size (I think it makes a lot of sense), but I'd want Arnesons!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

While I've always agreed with what you're saying, to a certain degree the lower maintenance intervals and problems associated with smaller power might offset that of the increased issues with two engines with 'big power'.

I wouldn't mind having a tripple 600 boat of this size (I think it makes a lot of sense), but I'd want Arnesons!
I hear ya...To each their own. I'm wondering what the speed on this boat would be with twin staggered 700's and NXT's. I'd take that over the trips.

Of course, no offense meant to this boat...I can only dream of owning such a master piece and "wouldn't kick it out of bed" if I had a shot at it.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
im not questioning your information but when i look up an epoxy hull 46 limited on outerlimits website it lists a weight of 12k lbs. how does a 51 with more hardware (extra drive and engine) get lighter?

http://www.outerlimitspowerboats.com/46Limited.htm
The 46 is actually about 600lbs lighter than the 51. Keep in mind this is all dry weight. On the website we have seemed to compensate for your average load of gear and fuel. There's not a huge difference in the wieght of the 46 and 51. Both models are no longer in production. Also two number sixes and big motors are pretty heavy and prob close to a triple small motor bravo boat.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd be happy with the bravo boat with 600 SCi's. I’m easy on the throttles out of the hole and don’t run the boat WFO very often.

I just did oil changes on the 500 EFI's a week ago and it's not that big of a deal to do an extra motor when I'm already in there doing it. Drive service I did over the winter and bought the gear lube by the five gallon bucket. I’d bet I filled up the drives faster with the bucket than most people with six bottles and the plastic pump. The winterization was harder due to the generator, AC, fresh water, hot water heater, two sinks and vacuflush. I like to do my work myself and when I have questions get help from a certified mechanic. I guess in our area that’s what’s nice, help isn’t very far away. I can't get away from the added expense of the parts for the extra motor. It is what it is.

The cruise and idle speeds are very nice.
Attached Thumbnails Great price on an OL?-dash.jpg  
Old 06-16-2011, 11:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
to big and to exspensive for me. Looks cool no doubt but even if I had the money think I would go no bigger than 42, 51ft equals a pain to tow it and you need a captains license I beleive

I really hope you're kidding....don't post things like this, then some bonehead will legitimately think you need a captains license to own one...

Captains License is for charters and business operators ie if people are paying you to take them out. It really has nothing to do the size of the boat..More of a liability thing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.