Notices

LOTO shootout 2011

Old 06-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
Fun stuff!!! Looking forward to this year!!
Not trying to hijack but hows the paint on freedom?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
I had a blast years ago in my 24 Outlaw !!! Set the tabs halfway down and kept a tight hand on the the throttle and had a blast jumping from wave to wave. The wife even liked it !!!!

I have been on many lakes and oceans and NEVER seen waves like the ones right when the shootout ends !!!
Remember the year we came in to the Ledges from the Shootout and our dock plank to land was ripped away from the sea wall due to the wash from the Shootout? I believe we had to wade through about 2' or so of water and climb a ladder to get on land.

I think I may even have a picture of that somewhere.

Buck
Old 06-30-2011, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I do remember that trip. The waves were so big, that it ripped the cables out that held the dock and all that was left hanging on was the power cables !!!!! Those waves had to be 6-8 feet high at one point.

Ahh The good ole days !!!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carter38
Not trying to hijack but hows the paint on freedom?
Taking longer than anticipated but its going to be a new boat. Paint , interior, lots of new wood on the deck, lights, Stereo and so on. Kind of a 10 make over. Shes been rode hard over the years so I sent her for a spa Vacation and she will be ready for many more year of abuse!! It will be ready by the Shoot out/ Skaterfest The 28 Skater " Bring It " has been a blast as a fill in boat in the mean time!!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Our Apache loves it when the shootout lets out. Really, it is the only time that we get some truely bumpy water (other than being in the right place at the right time on a holiday weekend). You feel like a rockstar in a heavy old resin bucket throttling along @ 65mph while many of the guys that are normally faster can't keep their props in the water.

I'm already looking forward to some bumpy water this weekend for the 4th. I also hear that the 41' Razz should be out burnin some fuel enjoying the bumps..
Old 06-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Registered

Taking longer than anticipated but its going to be a new boat. Paint , interior, lots of new wood on the deck, lights, Stereo and so on. Kind of a 10 make over. Shes been rode hard over the years so I sent her for a spa Vacation and she will be ready for many more year of abuse!! It will be ready by the Shoot out/ Skaterfest The 28 Skater " Bring It " has been a blast as a fill in boat in the mean time!!
Hey Jim, sorry I havent been reading much of this, but is the 46 getting new paint too?... will it have a full windshield?...
Old 06-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Hey Jim, sorry I havent been reading much of this, but is the 46 getting new paint too?... will it have a full windshield?...
New paint and new fairings on the outside of the F-16 canopies but no full windshield. Staying with the old school race boat look.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Registered

New paint and new fairings on the outside of the F-16 canopies but no full windshield. Staying with the old school race boat look.
Very nice. Can't wait to see it all fixed up again. Not that I think it needed it before. That's the best looking teenage boat around. It's got a cool pedigree too.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Sounds Great Jim, I can't wait to see the finished 46... Hopefully it will be done soon... If u can post some pics when its done, that would be Great!!...
Old 07-01-2011, 02:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good to hear can't wait to see it done. Still one of my all time favorites!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.