Notices

Flushing with Salt-Away

Old 06-03-2002, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flushing with Salt-Away

I have a question on using Salt-Away to flush the motor after being in the ocean...How long do you run the motor on the hose for? The directions that come with Salt-Away say to only run the motor until you see the foam coming out of the exhaust and then turn the motor off as soon as you see the foam....Is this corect? It doesn't seem like it takes too long to get the foam coming out of the exhaust and I know there is still salt in the system at that point...I'm new to this and looking for pointers.

Thx.
Old 06-03-2002, 01:06 PM
Registered

Greg, Great to see you out yesterday sorry we could not spend more time with you. I run my motors for about 10 min on clear water then with Salt Away for a couple of minutes. I shut the motors off while there is still foam coming out. Call if you have any questions.

Doug
Old 06-03-2002, 02:43 PM
Registered

Doug,

Thx for the info, I think that I'll use that system for flushing...We had fun yesterday, we never found a place to park at the Yardhouse so we headed back to Newport for lunch...You'll have to let us know the secret password to get a mooring!!

Next time in the boat for us will be the Dick Simon marine poker run in a couple of weeks...Hopefully we can talk to you some more and meet more of the scope guys....
Old 06-03-2002, 02:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Steamin-
I don't preflush, since Salt Away neutralizes the salt (& neighbors appreciate the noise reduction). The engines are run until foam comes out of the exhaust. I've used this method for two years and no problems