Like Tree1Likes

What is Outerlimits fastest hull?

Reply
Old 07-04-2011, 09:28 PM
  #1
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 74
Default What is Outerlimits fastest hull?

have been told the new 43 is the fastest hull they have running 125mph with 700's, it seems the smaller boats would be faster.
kellyshooty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:02 PM
  #2
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,223
Default

The SV43 with Stock 700's runs right around 120 under perfect conditions. A usual day speed of 118. With Ilmor 725's its a low 120's boat. As of now, until the release of the SV29, that is really the smallest (in production) boat we build. My 40 has run a best of 113 with 650's, usually around 110, and is actually slightly slower than the SV43.
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:39 AM
  #3
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ottawa
My Boats: powerquest 522 535/570
Posts: 505
Default

my way 3...50 with turbines - i think he was around 190-195
paintman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:51 AM
  #4
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman View Post
my way 3...50 with turbines - i think he was around 190-195
he was commenting about the efficiency a Vee bottom......
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:07 AM
  #5
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denmark and hopefully some place nice
My Boats: 42' Sundancer from 2004 formerly known as Big azz cruiser from 2004. Still looking for the right new 38-42 ft. v-bottom!
Posts: 1,852
Default

How much of a diff is there between a open and closed cocpit version in terms of efficiency?

How is the 28SV boat comming along? Sorry for the hijack.
A.O. Razor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:12 AM
  #6
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.O. Razor View Post
How much of a diff is there between a open and closed cocpit version in terms of efficiency?

How is the 28SV boat comming along? Sorry for the hijack.
The SV29 is coming along. Its taking time but will be an awesome boat. Like all other Outerlimits, we will not be done tweaking the boat until its perfect. Between the open and closed versions they are close to the same. The open boat is lighter but the closed boat is more aerodynamic so they almost cancel out each other. I would say the open boat may be a mph or two faster. At higher speeds it could be a different story.
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:26 AM
  #7
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denmark and hopefully some place nice
My Boats: 42' Sundancer from 2004 formerly known as Big azz cruiser from 2004. Still looking for the right new 38-42 ft. v-bottom!
Posts: 1,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL40SVX View Post
The SV29 is coming along. Its taking time but will be an awesome boat. Like all other Outerlimits, we will not be done tweaking the boat until its perfect. Between the open and closed versions they are close to the same. The open boat is lighter but the closed boat is more aerodynamic so they almost cancel out each other. I would say the open boat may be a mph or two faster. At higher speeds it could be a different story.
Thanks for a swift answer

I am confused about something. You call the little one an SV29, the website writes 28SV, Are you guys experimenting with different lengths?
A.O. Razor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:41 AM
  #8
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.O. Razor View Post
Thanks for a swift answer

I am confused about something. You call the little one an SV29, the website writes 28SV, Are you guys experimenting with different lengths?
No the website is wrong. The boat will be called a SV29.
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:05 PM
  #9
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 74
Default

The 43 raceboat ran over 160 no problem. Stock 43 with 1075 little prop work ran 145.
sv43BB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:06 PM
  #10
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv43BB View Post
The 43 raceboat ran over 160 no problem. Stock 43 with 1075 little prop work ran 145.
And much north of that! You coming to Billy's run in CT Bill?
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.