Notices

New Boating Videos

Old 06-03-2002, 03:17 PM
blackhawk

Default New Boating Videos

I figured out how to keep some quality to my videos and keep the file size a little smaller. I've replaced a couple videos on my homepage:

http://home.talkcity.com/GenXAv/donz...oatvideos.html

Flyby #2 is a pretty sweet run at sunset at a local lake. It's about a minute long and 5 megs.

Cockpit run is a 3 minute video from a shoreline run on Torch Lake last year. It rained all morning but we decided to take our chances and drive up anyway. By the time we got there the sun started poking out and ended up being a beautiful day. We literally had the whole lake to ourselves for about a half hour! This one is about 11 meg so hopefully you don't have a dial up connection (like I do at home )

Old 06-04-2002, 11:54 AM
blackhawk

C'mon now, I worked hard on these. Can't at least one person tell me they enjoyed them? My feelings are going to be hurt!

Old 06-04-2002, 12:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they look good. I'm working on getting some videos of mine also!!!

Old 06-04-2002, 12:09 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

The cockpit run was good. How fast was that? Motor sounded great.

For some reason, I couldn't get the flyby to load-up.

Nice work.

dh
Old 06-04-2002, 12:18 PM
blackhawk

We were running about 75 on the WFO parts of the cockpit run. It looks like about 100 though!

Flyby#2 should work, I'll check it to make sure. I have a couple more to upload but I am running out of space. I wanted to buy more but they only offer 25 megs.

Old 06-04-2002, 12:45 PM
blackhawk

In2Deep, I double checked Flyby 2 and it should be working. Try it again and let me know. Thanks

Old 06-04-2002, 01:11 PM
Registered

BlackHawk-

Great videos! It's always cool to see boating videos! Keep it up! As far as file size goes, the most efficient I've seen for the video quality is the WMV format (Windows Media). Check it out. What software are you using now to make the videos?
Old 06-04-2002, 01:26 PM
blackhawk

Chaos, I am using Pinnacle Systems Studio DC 10 Plus wich allows me to connect my camcorder to my computer and save the footage as an AVI file which are huge! I then use another program(can't remember the name) which converts the AVI to the MPEG and really cuts the size down. My camcorder is analog so it does take up a lot more disk space than a digital. Is there a program that converts AVI or MPEG into WMV? I am always willing to try!!!

Old 06-04-2002, 01:40 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Cool vids! I couldn't get the "getting air" one to load, but the others were real neat! Just wish I had sound....

Anyway that I can download these for my own viewing pleasure?
Old 06-04-2002, 01:49 PM
Registered

BH-

I'm using a Pinnicle product too, but the original is in DV format (Digital Video). I think they save the same (AVI) but I forget. The version I'm using allows you to create a video in MPEG, RealAudio, QuickTime (mac) or StreamingVideo (WMV).

Cord-

All you have to do is move your cursor over the link and right mouse click, then from the menu, select "Save Target As" as specify the location where you want to save the file. Simple!

Quick Reply: New Boating Videos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.