Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kids & Powerboats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25741-kids-powerboats.html)

06-05-2002 08:42 PM

I'm 16 now and I have been boating since I was 2 with Drag 'N' Ass

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-05-2002 11:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks GRH! I too don't plan on doing any kind of speed with the 9 month on board. Last year though when the oldest at the time was 2, went for her 1st ride in the 13 footer we went around 45. It was so tough to hold back with her sitting there saying, "Faster Daddy Faster" :D

HavasuHavabrew2 06-06-2002 01:42 AM

MY SON (NOW 5-1/2 YRS OLD) WAS BORN ON A FRIDAY NIGHT. HE WAS ON THE BOAT THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY. (8 DAYS OLD)

ON HIS MAIDEN VOYAGE, HE SLEPT ON TOP OF MY PILLOW, IN A LAUNDRY BASKET, IN THE CUDDY. I CAN SAY THAT HE SLEPT BETTER (AND LONGER) ON THE BOAT IN HIS $2.99 LAUNDRY BASKET THAN HE EVER DID IN HIS BABY BED.

I TRIED TO CONVINCE HIS MOTHER THE BOAT WAS A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO HIS BED. STILL, I COULD ONLY GET 2 NIGHTS A WEEK (FRIDAYS & SATURDAYS) ON THE BOAT HIS FIRST SUMMER.

AT 5-1/2, HE KNOWS THE 4 ESSENTIAL RULES OF BOATING. I CALL THEM C.J'S BOATING RULES (C.J. IS HIS INITIALS) HE HAS THEM MEMORIZED AS WELL!!!

1. WE DON'T WAIT ON ANYBODY...BE AT THE DOCK AND READY TO GO AT THE TIME WE AGREE TO...OR ... WER'E OUTA' HERE.
2. KNOWONE IS ALLOWED ON THE SUNPAD OR THE DECK WHEN THE BOAT IS MOVING. (EVEN AT NO-WAKE)
3. EVERYBODY IN-THE-BOAT BEFORE THE MOTOR STARTS (OR EVEN THE BLOWER)
4. ALL GUESTS MUST...BRING THEIR OWN BIG BOY "COKES"...SIT DOWN...HOLD ON AND SHUT UP.

;) ;) ;)

nautigirl 06-06-2002 07:00 AM

GRH - I understand what you're saying about taking it easy with little ones on board. We rarely even go 30 with the little man - but I always worry about other people who are idiots - you never know what people in other boats are doing - if they're paying attention - if they are wasted, etc. That is just my opinion.

GRH 06-06-2002 09:21 AM

NAUTIGIRL - I really do understand your concern... I was concerned.... however my wife & I agreed that our kids would participate in all the things her & I enjoyed before we had them & not prevent us from, or inhibit our "pleasures in life".... adjustments need to be made & you and all parents know it make EVERYTHING a little more work.... but kids make you smile when you sometimes forget how.... i wouldn't trade a day on the boat with my two kids for anything, not even a day bar hoppin with the boys! I also am fortunate that we boat on a 30 mile fresh water lake that isn't so crowded that you can't find a quite spot... so the place you boat is important too.... I believe if your careful & take precautions its not unsafe to bring the baby.... my .02.....

Satisfaction 06-06-2002 09:26 AM

My three kids have grown up on/around the boat,
PFD's / Sunblock and common sense go a long way.

Now the two older ones 9 and 6 fight over who is
going to trottle and who is going to steer.

Tom:p

GRH 06-06-2002 10:16 AM

SHARKY - Man i luv the looks of that 13 footer... Do you sell those? if so, could you PM me some info.... looks like a real fun boat....

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-06-2002 10:15 PM

GRH , I no longer build them and I currently have the molds up for sale. If you want to check out some BIG AIR SHOTS, go to my personal website at; WWW.SHARKEYMARINE.COM In the Classified section there are two 13's for sale. The one I custom built for myself and 1 older one. It definately shocks alot of people by the nasty water I have been in with this size boat. :D I think now it is even starting to shock me..... :eek: