Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Nyc Poker Run!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25742-nyc-poker-run.html)

Shane 06-03-2002 04:58 PM

Nyc Poker Run!!!!

Okay, so who is going and who will be at the raft up? We will be leaving Lake George, Friday morning around 8am so we should be there by noon on Friday. We will be running the run and stopping by to visit the raft up. Any OSO members that want a ride on Saturday after the run in my Skater would be more than welcome. BruceK, you coming?

Shane:cool:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-03-2002 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I will be going Shane. Which boat? I don't know yet. Actually in the run? Haven't decided. If somehow I could raise money for DOUG LEWIS by running the 13 footer, I would make my 2nd year at the event with the smallest boat. ;)

Tantrum 06-03-2002 05:13 PM

Shane,
I am going to be rafting up just south of the Tapanzee. I have been putting together names of Hudson River boaters for the last two months. I have about 25 names on that list of which about 15 said they would do the raft up. Down in Atlantic City with the NJPPC Frank C and Ken S said they were going to make the trip up as well. As it stands right now if half the boats show up for the raft it will be a real nice group.

If anyone else wants to get on this e-mail list send me some info.
Boat info, Home port, e-mail and cell phone.
I will also post here next week when we get the final details and the date is closer.
Chris aka: Tantrum
[email protected]

Hot Boat 06-03-2002 06:22 PM

Ill be there at the raft up with or with out the Scarab. Its taking longer than expected to get the boat back from Typhoon Marine because there was a problem with one of the heads. I had to get a new one :( More than likely I will be with my friend John in his 30' Cobra Cat. We are working on this week to get it ready for its maiden voyage since he bought it. Also I got permission from OSO and I am making up a 6' X 3' banner that says Hudson River Offshoreonly.com members. It looks really cool. You wont miss it. I will try and post a photo of it later.

Hay Chris are we getting together this week???? Call me if you have a chance. 845 528 8646

thunderdan 06-03-2002 06:27 PM

Not sure what I am going to do. My daughter is scheduled to get her tonsils out on Friday so it does not look good for me to make the event.:(

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-03-2002 06:37 PM

Reschedule the tonsil appointment...;) :D :D :D

99BOSS272 06-03-2002 06:38 PM

I'll be there. I'll look for the flag. Should be a fun day...

thunderdan 06-03-2002 06:44 PM

I already made that suggestion, can you believe how stupid I was.;) My daughter was scheduled to have the operation in September because that is when the doctor had avaliable and then he had a cancelation for that day. Now I know why, it was probably one of my fellow boater brethren who canceled. My only hope is "why don't I take Brian(my son) boating so that I can let my daughter rest with you. " excuse to my wife works, then maybe I can join in the fun.:D

ActiveFun 06-03-2002 08:01 PM

Tantrum, Shane, Sharkey, the NYC Poker Run is like a ritual. The Friday afternoon is such a great time, with a beautiful view. I would love to hang out, but I would hate to miss the partys. I may be the smallest and slowest boat, but it is fun.

The Wizard 06-03-2002 08:06 PM

Hey Shane,

Whats doing buddy? Missed your call a few weeks ago. Hopefully I'll be in Jersey City Friday morning. By the way, We ran NJPPC's Poker run over the weekend. MAN!!! It was a blast, we took the outside, man it was rough, but loved every minute of it. Anyway, hope to see you in NY.

ThunderDan,

Pleasure meeting you at the Poker Run, hope to see you at the next one.

;)zzie

thunderdan 06-03-2002 08:17 PM

Ozzie,

It was great talking with you. Got a chance to see your boat at the docks, nice, very nice. I am happy she ran like a champ. I will be working on the wife for the NYC run. Not real sure if I will be able to run, run because if I go I will have my 7 year old son with me, but at least I can get out on the water, I HOPE. :D :D

ActiveFun 06-03-2002 08:21 PM

Oz, still in the office??? How was the trip back? We made the run back from NJ to Jones Inlet in the Top Gun and it was Nasty at around 3:30pm

Shanghied Again 06-03-2002 09:19 PM

Coming Up

Yes we are planning to leave early Saturday morning with Ken S, We will be riding up side by side, Hot Boat bring two of the flags for the front if you have any left. I will buy them.

mattyboy 06-03-2002 10:53 PM

Shane,
I bummed this is the same date as the LG dustoff, leaving my neck of the wood heading north about the same time you're heading south, so we'll pass on the thruway some where, look for a green van pulling a red donzi and I'll look for a cat heading south, you guys enjoy yourselves, be safe, and post some pics

Mattyboy

PokerFace 06-04-2002 12:40 AM

This will be the sixth year in a row.....the best parties and boaters..going straight from Cape Cod races...see ya there....Barkley

Shane 06-04-2002 08:40 AM

Oz man,
Glad you had fun. Let's plan on meetingup sometime Friday afternoon.

Frank C.,
C-you at the raft up buddy!

Matty Boy,
I'll wave as we pass on the Thruway!;) Enjoy the lake. When you are there and if you meet a guy named Doug Smith, or even ask Ed Hodgkinson to show you my place. I am right by him.

AtiveFun,
See you there!:D

Tantrum,
See you at the raft up.

Tantrum 06-04-2002 10:31 AM

I need a few e-mail addresses;

99BOSS272
Bo
Checkmate981
Chris232
DCKRAFFT
GEOO
MWL
Prowler

Send me your e-mail addresses so I can get you on the distribution list for the raft up info.
Thanks
Chris aka: Tantrum
[email protected]

Miller 06-04-2002 10:37 AM

I'll be there, though I don't know who I'm riding with yet. Seems I might have to leave the girlfriend behind or put her on Jen's whatever cruiser and go for a fast ride alone (not that I'm complaining....).

See you all there.

Shane, call me and let me know when you'll be down.

The Wizard 06-04-2002 11:14 AM

Hey TDan,

Try to come down somehow, bring the family!!!

Matt,

How are you? I heard you guys had it rough out there...The wind was blowing BIG TIME. we left AC atnoon on the inside with some of the boys from Jersey. I had my trailer in Long Beach Island. We did get caught in that brush fire in the GSP. They made everyone turn around:(. Left from exit 63 at 5:00Pm arrived home in Long Island at 2:30 AM. That ride back kicked my a*s. Anyway, are you doing NY? Let me know, maybe we can run in together...

Shane,

I'll try to be in the city by 12ish. stay in touch

Miller,

WAZZUP? Would bevery cool if we could do some hanging (and drinking) if you come down to the Poker Run. Let me know

;)zzie

DJD 06-04-2002 11:22 AM

I just put my info on another post but here it goes again.
If anyone wants to stop by for a few cold ones, we will be at Liberty Landing Fri night on my 42' Post "Post Time". Many drinks will be flowing & then on Sat, we will be up near the Tappan Zee.
If anyone wants to make a $ or two, I need to have my 38 Cigarette towed from Ocean Performance to Liberty Landing so it can sit in the parking lot with for sale signs on it.

Team V 06-04-2002 01:29 PM

I'm interested in the raft up but have never been on the Hudson. How far north of the city can I launch and boat down? Or could somebody recommend some options?
I would like to avoid city traffic, and park my truck and trailer in nice quiet spot. Would also like to overnight somewhere.
I'm located near Utica NY.

Shane 06-04-2002 01:37 PM

Bajadave,

One of the nicest state ramps is in Selkirk. It is a beautiful ride south from there albeit 100 miles +/-. South of there I could not tell you. But if you launch there Friday morning and take a nice easy cruise you should be near the city by afternoon. Then watch the events on Saturday and cruise back up Sunday.

Good luck!

Chris288 06-04-2002 01:48 PM

A lot of ramps on the hudson do not allow over-nighting.

There is a nice ramp at Norrie point, just past hyde park, then its a little less than two hours to the city and about 1.5 hours to the TZ. thats for me in good weather running 58 mph.. But I do believe they lock up at 9:00 pm..

The ramp in Newburgh next to Gullies allows over-nighting and there is no ramp fee. The trip down to NYC would take about 1.5 hours and to the TZ about 45 mins.

hope this helps... Chris

thunderdan 06-04-2002 02:34 PM

Ozzie,

I will try and make it. I am sure my son can convince his mother that he and I are much better off away so my daughter can rest.:D :p

Chris,

Put me on the e-mail list for the raft up, and I will see how it goes.

Do you know where a decent place is to stay? I am sure there has to be some local marina's that have shore power hook ups and we can sleep right on the boat?

rockstrmkr 06-04-2002 03:11 PM

Hi-
New here, with a word of caution ....

Watch out at low tide just south of the Tappan Zee Bridge, around Piermont (The New Jersey Side)...
There is a large sand bank and lots of rocks...be careful....

rockstrmkr 06-04-2002 03:13 PM

The marina I use is the Tappan Zee Marina in Piermont...
You can call them at (845)359-5522

Tantrum 06-04-2002 03:14 PM

ThunderDan; I just sent you a PM

I launch from Willow Cove which is just north of Havestraw. There are facilities at both and transient slips. For bigger boat (Dan) the third marina (SeaWeed I believe) has a nice big ramp with lots of room. All three of these marina's are right next to each other and are about 15 min. north of the Tapanzee on the west side of the river.

Shane 06-04-2002 03:15 PM

Thunderdan,

Do you think a letter from Dr. Me would be of any assistance. I would certainly not want you or your son to inhibit your daughters recovery whatsoever. So under STRICT doctors orders I command you and your son to leave mom and daughter at home for the weekend. This is out pure love and care for your daughters well being. Remember, you will have to sleep on those uncomfortable beds in the boat, take a shower in a public restroom or not even shower at all, and have to deal with the rocking of the boat all night! I see this as nothing but a selfless sacrifice on your part. Have her call me with any questions.:D

Shane :cool:

Hauling Trash 06-04-2002 04:34 PM

I`ll be there to wash boat`s 40.00 a boat. look for me.I did 21 boats in a.c.

mike merola
merola boatworks
732-785-3387

thunderdan 06-04-2002 04:40 PM

Shane,

Now that sounds like a great argument. I will copy your very well explained reasons, verbatium in my Dear Barbara letter.

Chris,

Thanks for the advice. Maybe we can met up at the raft up on Sat.:)

99BOSS272 06-04-2002 08:09 PM

Tantrum, I used the Willow Cove launch a few times and used to tie up there to meet a few friends . Nice place. Just have to stay between the buoy's when you head out into the bay. Right now I have my boat in a slip next to Gully's in Newburgh. It's not near as nice as Willow Cove or Havestraw but i'ts right in the middle of all the action in Newburgh.
Email:[email protected]

thunderdan 06-04-2002 08:12 PM

I already began putting the vplan into action: phase one Get my son interested in doing the raft up-Status-complete:D :D

toolman 06-04-2002 10:18 PM

attn: tantrum

I'll be at the raft-up too! Put me on your e-mail list. [email protected]. See you saturday!

Toolman (Formula 303) "TENACIOUS"

Hot Boat 06-04-2002 11:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is

The OSO Hudson River Banner. :D Be sure to look for it. You can't miss it. along with 30 plus members boats tied together a few miles north of the G. W. Bridge. I'm looking foward to next week. I just hope Typhoon marine has my boat done in time, but I am not banking on it. LOL

Philip 06-05-2002 12:32 AM

Shane, Wayne and I are planning to do NYC again this year. Registered today, and am waiting for a engine to come tomorrow. You guys are stopping mid river for the raft up? Are Charlie and Eric going to be running?
Philip

tripps 06-05-2002 06:40 AM

I will be looking for you rafters during the run,i have 5 boats with me coming from L.I. see you on the hudson tripps: :D :D :D

Shane 06-05-2002 08:15 AM

HOT BOAT,
That thing looks AWESOME!!!! See you Thursday or Friday at the lake!

Philip,
We are going to leave Liberty Landing a few minutes early and wtch the BIG GUNS run by while enjoying the company of our OSO friends att eh raft up. Cahrlie is supposed to be running his boat with Lee and Eric will be on his with??? I hope you get the powerhead deal straightened out. Wanna "cruise" together? We aren't going to beating the **** out of the boat. You know, pick and choose when we run it hard. Otherwise, just cruisin' and enjoying the run. Looking forward to seeing you next week!

Tantrum 06-05-2002 08:48 AM

HotBoat;
Good to talk to you last night. Im not sure Im going to make it out on the river this week do to weather but I will be out Saturday and Sunday.
The Banner looks great, nice job.

Ive got a few more e-mails and I will send out confirmations by noon today that I recieved them. We might have to plan how we are going to raft up the boats without clogging up the river...we have a bunch-o boats :D

BruceK 06-05-2002 09:29 AM

Hi Shane,
Not looking good at this point. Been working on the boat for the last week. Still have some minor issues, but worst of all, I had some major expenses that were unplanned which are pretty much killing my trip up. I still have the time off if I decide to railer up, but at this point, its not looking good. I'll keep you posted.
Bruce

Shane 06-05-2002 10:57 AM

Bruce,

Sorry to hear that.:( I hope it is not too costly and all goes well for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get it together.