Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
1998 27 avanti project almost done!! >

1998 27 avanti project almost done!!

Notices

1998 27 avanti project almost done!!

Old 07-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the compliments. lol, but you'l be suprised. You have a pretty good HP to weight ratio on the 27. That thing will scoot once you got it ready.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here are more pictures my fiberglass guy took along the way which he emailed to me, ENJOY!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 1,786 Likes on 703 Posts

Looks awesome Dude. Keep it up.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

Youll love that boat in rough water, I raced a 27 for just over a year was a great boat turns like no other!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Is that the same bottom as a Corsa? (& Others)
Old 08-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Registered

Well got both motors started today!!!! boat is ready to go, should be taking it out this saturday with paradox, trim tabs don't work but oh well I'll worry about that this winter. Gotta enjoy what little of summer we have left lol Gotta love outboards these puppies started right up even after sitting for a while

I have my fingers crossed that everything goes well on the maiden voyage this weekend, I hope there are no bugs that need to be worked out but we all know how that is, I will find out for sure this weeknd and I can't wait!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 1,786 Likes on 703 Posts

Great news Alfredo. Sorry I keep missing your calls. should be around most of today. If you miss me, leave me a message and I'll call you back.
You will most likely want the tabs on your boat. With your boat being 3' longer than mine it should be better but mine is a turd w/o them bellow about 45 mph.
Good luck, be careful and keep us posted!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!! I'm so relieved guys I finally go the boat done and took it out after working on it all day today, I went out around 7pm for like a half hour ride, the river was pretty dirty and had some logs floating around so I was very careful and didn't really have enough room to open her up, but oh boy I got on it for like 5 seconds and the boat accelerates like a raped ape!!! Im definitely not used to that, the baja never accelerated anywhere near close to that I'll probably take it out wednesday or thursday out to clearwater with paradox and I can't wait. I must say taking both motors off, derigging the boat and then re-rigging it and puttin everything back on feels awesome to know I did it by myself and learned A LOT along the way! lol I'll definitely be taking some pictures for you guys just gotta clean her up, A LOT of cleanign to do I also wanted to say a big THANKS to all of you guys who have helped me along the way everytime I came up on an obstacle and asked a question, you guys always answered and guided me in the right direction, can't thank you enough!!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you get that shift cable changed today Alfredo? Like I said before, take you time learning to drive this boat. Its an entirely different animal from that baha. I bet you never believed John and I when we told you how that boat accelerates. Don't listen to the guy telling you to raise the motors. Learn how to run the boat first and find some bigger props when you are comfortable with it. You will find that the boat doesn't need much trim to run good. As a matter of fact it doesn't take much trim for those engines to start turning over 6k and setting the alarms off.

Tim does some pretty good work when it comes to fiberglass.

Have fun
Old 08-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Registered

Yeah ended up buying a new shift cable from west marine, since they were the only ones open on the weekend. Installed it and ended up working out. I just didn't think it would accelerate as fast as it does . The boat just needs a good detail which I will give it pretty soon, definitely have to get used to the boat first before I really start openning her up but very excited FINALLY lol

As far as tim doing great fiberglass you got that right! The man worked some magic on the transom. It came out brand new I can't thank tim enough no wonder he's always busy he knows his stuff when it comes to fiberglass. Just by looking at the before and after pictures it's a HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.