Like Tree7Likes

106 MPH Checkmate.......

Reply
Old 07-15-2011, 10:04 AM
  #51
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego
My Boats: Advantage 28ft Sport Cat w/ pair of 8's
Posts: 989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic View Post
pretty cool home brewed video in general but watch for the 125 mph GLASTRON! Word is it's alive and well up in Canada.
Not sure how long this link will be active so enjoy it while you can
1994 video so check out some of the classics in the back ground too.
BTW, anyone smarter on puters than me?? Can't figure out how to download/save it before it gets vaporized. Normal, right click> save target as doesn't seem to work???
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=89e_1310693288
I have always loved that video. I'm a hot rod guy, so when I see something that took a ton of work to make go fast.... I just dig it. All these boats in this thread are proof that with the proper dedication and tools, one can make some bad ass toys.

Darrell.
DMOORE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:37 AM
  #52
Registered User
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Clarksville (Cincy) Ohio
My Boats: '86 '36 Mainship double cabin REALLY slow cabin cruiser
Posts: 2,144
Default Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMOORE View Post
I have always loved that video. I'm a hot rod guy, so when I see something that took a ton of work to make go fast.... I just dig it. All these boats in this thread are proof that with the proper dedication and tools, one can make some bad ass toys.

Darrell.
Proof that you don't need a shiny new cat (regardless of what the $7. magazines say) w/twin blown, chromed gizmo motors and $20K drives to go fast and have fun.
Been wondering lately if anyone realizes or remembers that??

Nothing against the high zoot rigs but seems we are taught we are 2nd class w/o one.

The muscle car scene has turned to the same.
Twin O/B Sonic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:54 AM
  #53
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
onesickpantera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 1999 Pantera 24 Sport
Posts: 4,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic View Post
pretty cool home brewed video in general but watch for the 125 mph GLASTRON! Word is it's alive and well up in Canada.
Not sure how long this link will be active so enjoy it while you can
1994 video so check out some of the classics in the back ground too.
BTW, anyone smarter on puters than me?? Can't figure out how to download/save it before it gets vaporized. Normal, right click> save target as doesn't seem to work???
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=89e_1310693288
Fawk me that has to be a ride! I love how it's the crappiest looking boat too!
onesickpantera is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:49 PM
  #54
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH/Norris Lake, TN
My Boats: 1997 Checkmate 242 Convincor, 632ci, Imco SC, 2006 29 Fountain-525efi-XR
Posts: 142
Default

Is it wrong to revive a 2 year old thread when it was about you? I saw at least five of my buddies comment and not one of them told me about this thread.
Katt Nipp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:08 AM
  #55
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Keytime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Derby, KS
My Boats: 1999 Checkmate 283 Convincor
Posts: 2,730
Default

Hmmm... did Check300 make the LOTO Shootout this year? I notice that he and the NV2P1 class winner both have the same first name.
Keytime is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:51 AM
  #56
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bethel Island, CA
My Boats: M-24
Posts: 405
Default

thanks for bringing it back, i never seen this thread b4. I would like to see a video of the faces if that Glastron were to pull into Loto, same dude long hair and all.
JAIME is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:08 AM
  #57
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Thats one ROCKIN little boat, congrats on the speed and all the disapointed faces you have passed!
TheDon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:29 AM
  #58
Registered
Trade Score: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Traverse City MI
My Boats: Throttleman 36 Cig Gladiator "Unleashed"... Fast 33' Outlaw(sold)... Slow 40' Express Cruiser... 18' Kustom Cat... Pair of Kawasaki Ultra 150's... Superjet
Posts: 3,210
Default

I do not think Check300 went to LOTO, Bill does have a SWEEET and FAST Checkmate though!

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 09-21-2013 at 02:37 AM.
offshorexcursion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:12 AM
  #59
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 259
Default

I hear Bill's new boat is not to shabby, either!

A 21' Checkmate Pulsare w- a stock 300XS was just GPSed at 104 mph. That is hauling the mail in a SOB.
X-Driver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:14 AM
  #60
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Keytime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Derby, KS
My Boats: 1999 Checkmate 283 Convincor
Posts: 2,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshorexcursion View Post
I do not think Check300 went to LOTO, Bill does have a SWEEET and FAST Checkmate though!
I think we should peer pressure him into bringing the 30 next year. Class winner was 110 this year.
Keytime is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.