Notices

106 MPH Checkmate.......

Old 09-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job Smitty! Your numbers are right in line with mine. Do you know the weight of your boat? not the advertised weight the actual weight without the trailer. The reason I ask is that I also failed to mention for every 100lbs I lose or gain 1mph.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Registered

Where are you located Smitty?
Old 09-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Katt Nipp
Where are you located Smitty?
I'm in mid Michigan 17 miles east of Saginaw. I have never gotten a actual weight of my boat, advertised as 4600 lbs if I remember right, it is definately weight sensitive to a point, to get its best speeds I have to be running fairly light but doesn't slow down too awful bad from a decent load. For example, when my last motor before this made 950 hp boat would run 89-89.5 with full tank of gas,( 4) 250 llb guys and a 50 lb (at least) cooler, with 15 gallons of gas vs 90, 2 passengers at 190 and 280 (me) it would air out and ran a best of 92.8 if I remember right from back then. At one point I built a ballast compt as far back in the boat as possible because it sure seemed to handle the best with passengers in the rear seat at high speed, I try to keep it at much safer speeds when I have extra passengers as I don't want the extra responsibility of worrying about them getting killed if something goes bad. Funny thing is the ballast never worked like I thought it would, 50-60 lbs in swim platform hollow made bow ride in the sky, Smitty
Old 09-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Registered

The reason I asked about your location is because we are having another shootout at Caesar Creek lake here in Ohio. If it wasn't so far you might enjoy it. We usually have some pretty good runners.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Registered

The Caesar Creek Shootout will be on October 5th.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

GPM asked me quite a few years ago to come and it always seems like a weekend where I am forced to work in the past. I had a spring mount tear out of my trailer frame on way home from hotboat this year and have a major exhaust leak on the boat to find too , haven't had time to even take a look yet at the boat or trailer since then and been working 7 12's for past few weeks at night job and swamped with transmission jobs at my day business so won't be this year either but it does sound like fun!! At hot boat this year I ended up racing several different catamarans and no v-hulls, kept up with a most of the cats until they got up into the 90's and they all walked me, some pretty fast Checkmates at the hot boat shoot out too, saw Check 300 there with his new 43 foot boat, saw some of the other Checkmates that I know run into the 90's and funny thing was they wanted no part of me or were having issues and even funnier was the set-up I was running was only getting me 92-93 so it would have actually been a good close race, Smitty