Notices

Manning Trailer

Old 07-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailer

Then paint it back white. I would think it would look better in red or yellow.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:07 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Red or yellow would look best, JMO. Good luck with the new trailer.

JB
Old 07-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

maybe I will have to rethink the red or yellow..

white shows chips/rust easy...
Old 07-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Registered

I have a Manning tri axle aluminum for my 340 Vyper. Had it built almost 2 years ago. Had it over built with 7000 lb. Axles and 16 in. 8 lug wheels and E load range tires. EOH brakes and it tows and stops awesome. I went with alum. for weight savings and maint. I had a painted steel last time and got tired of touch up, rock chips, and waxing it. Love my aluminum trailer and get lots of compliments on it too. Ron is great to deal with. Good luck.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I know I blew a tire on 95 at 75 mph on my father's triple and we didn't even know until someone pulled up beside us and told us - we thought it was a bunch of drunk kids, but we pulled over and the entire tire was shredded to nothing.

Made me a believer in triples.
Same here with a blown tire, but not doing 75. Had no idea it was gone till pulled into the gas station to fuel the boat and notice most of one tire was gone. Lots of redundancy with tripps.... engines and trailers.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

so does everybody like their drive guard or do some people think its a pain in the @ss???

just dont really think they provide any real protection!!
Old 07-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatnt
so does everybody like their drive guard or do some people think its a pain in the @ss???

If you get rear ended it probably won't help.As stated if you get tapped it will.I did not get one because I did not want one and never liked how they looked.Plus its one more thing you have to do at the ramp,just my opinion though
Old 07-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt

I liked my drive gaurd so much that I cut the SOB off and made it like a trailor with no drive gaurd. There are 2 major problems with drivegaurds. First is the wiring for the rear lights have to swivel with the drivegaurd and regardless of what i tried they would get pinched in the hinge area and cut the wires or if you made the loop long enough it would fall and cut the wires when the below happens. The other thing is that if you live in hilly area it will drag on everything (there is a lot of distance from the rear axle to the end of the drivegaurd) and when this happens is scratches up your paint and generally knocks a couple of lights out of the rubber groumet. There were also a couple of problems with them it hitting something at the end of some ramps.

One thing I would consider doing is adding the white led light at each crossrail (one each side) underneath the boat. It makes it easier to see to load the boat at night and also draws attention so that hopefully no one will run over you.
Allen
Old 07-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

I like the tripple,...........You can still tie and axle up in a worst case situation with tire blow outs on long trips.

I have seen the spare used,........and later to see another tire blow. You never know your location or tire availability at that time.

Also had Ron Manning put brakes on the third axle, normalyy just does two axle's,..........cheap insurance.

You can tow anything,..but can you stop it fast and safe?

Also had him paint the trailer with Imron VS. Standard paint.

Lastly,.....to build another one I would go with the electric over hydraulic brakes.

Ron is a great guy to work with.

Jon
Old 07-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Jon,

Did you get a driveguard?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.