Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hit and run b0ating accident in the keys. >

Hit and run b0ating accident in the keys.

Notices

Hit and run b0ating accident in the keys.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Hit and run b0ating accident in the keys.

I am posting this here in case any of you see or know of the offending boat. I was not involved and dont know anything other than what has been posted in this thread:
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...-run-keys.html

Hey guys need some help! My brother-inlaw & sister are in the Keys on there 44ft trawler July 4 , anchored in Newfound Harbor( between Little Torch & Ramrod Keys& Little Palm island). This is just south of Picnic island where there was a firework show, people hanging out all day & night, show over around 10:30! With a lot of boaters having trouble navigating from too much partying , my brother in-law has all lights on,anchor lights, bridge lights ,interior lights, looks like a city block lit up!! They were on the quarter-deck when they heard & saw a big center console coming straight at them at a high rate of speed, with no navigation lights on, they started screaming , they heard him back off the throttles.. Instead of hitting them midship he hit them at the bow at a high rate of speed!!!! It took them a minute to get there senses from the collision, they run down off of quarter deck to check if the offending boat people were all right & to make sure there boat was not taking on water !! As they approach the severly damaged bow of there boat the guy is trying to get is engines cranked which he does he drives off at full throttle with no lights (his bow running lights are on there deck)..!!!! This is a trawler at least 6to8 feet off the water!!! The only thing that they could see was that it was a cream colored CC about 30 to 33 feet t-top , the name on back quarter stern on both sides " The Full Monty" ,, his bow was away from them, so couldn't see his registration #'s , he refused give any name or contact info , as continued to get his boat cranked & as he drove off!!! They believe he had some KIDS on board also! Contacted COAST Guard & FL Marine Patrol & since they were not taking on water, & no injuries to them ,they were not coming out at night !! The boat had very high freeboard & large transom pad(for laying out)!!! They do not know what make of boat it is ( they are trawler,cruiser types) .. On Tuesday (7/5) some friends of theres was fishing in Key Largo & saw the boat on a trailer heading north ,! So the FL patrol & police do not think this guys is from the Keys !!
This guy could be in your water ways and next time run over your family & not a 44 foot trawler ,,,!!!! If you have any info to help find this guy let me know ! My family is ok boat not so much , they are limping back to get the hull/deck joint repaired for sea worthiness before they continue there cruise in the islands !! Thanks,,
Old 07-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would start here....
http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/pls/webp...ssel_name_list
Old 07-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Found this (?) .......probably long shot...
I agree. A 13-foot beam and 6-foot draft doesn't sound like a center console.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 1,825 Likes on 714 Posts

Absolutely pathetic! Could have easily killed all on board both boats especially a smaller one.
This is one of the things that scares me stupid about boating at night.
This ass bag needs to do hard time! What if he had your kids on board? How do you hit a 44' trawler at anchor?
Old 07-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Registered

Nobody except the driver of the boat knows why the accident happened, could have been anything, drunk, broke something etc etc...the thing that gets me up in arms is the fact he took off.....

Just for that fact he should be keel hauled when caught.........
Old 07-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you haven't done so, you might want to post this on some of the more cc/fishing oriented websites.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You might want to post this in the Keys section of Spearboard. www.spearboard.com
Old 07-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

what about face book , and if it was seen on the rode the state police should have been called on all states with in 5 hours of the keys. a boat with nose damage being a cc should be easy for road cops. man this sucks.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This sucks! Someone like this should be drawn and quartered!!! Ok so maybe a lil harsh but put the word out in as many places you can. I'm sure he will want it fixed sometime. Happy none was injured and hope they get the prick!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
....the state police should have been called on all states with in 5 hours of the keys.
And that would be Florida.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.