Notices

boatin with a broken arm

Old 07-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boatin with a broken arm

my 9y/o son fell and broke both bones in his forearm. DR says no swimming for the next 6 weeks. HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

He would be bouncing off the walls in the cabin, if he can't swim, so I'm thinking The boat will be sitting for next few weeks.

F MY LIFE!

Last summer I have all the time in the world, and the boat didn't cooperate. this year the boat has been great, and its been one thing after another with work, kids sports, wifes class, and now broken bones!

sorry, i'm venting.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry bro... next time around don't have kids!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

What about covering the cast with a plastic bag and sealing with some tape?

Life isn't always easy. My kid's activities cut into my boating time. But, I had many yrs. to do what I wanted before they arrived, and I will have many after they are on their own.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
What about covering the cast with a plastic bag and sealing with some tape?

Life isn't always easy. My kid's activities cut into my boating time. But, I had many yrs. to do what I wanted before they arrived, and I will have many after they are on their own.
I shattered my wrist when I was 9 and had a cast from my hand all the way up past the elbow. Garbage bag and duct tape and I was swimming in the creek!
Old 07-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shane, I feel yer pain. Paula fell and broke her humerus last Friday. She will be down for 12-20 WEEKS!!! Might as well winterize the damn boat!
Old 07-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CrownHawg
Shane, I feel yer pain. Paula fell and broke her humerus last Friday. She will be down for 12-20 WEEKS!!! Might as well winterize the damn boat!
Wow Brian, sorry to hear that. Hope she recovers quickly.

Caleb has a follow up Tuesday. I am going to push for a waterproof cast, but its from his wrist to his shoulder right now, so he couldn't swim anyway.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Registered

Red face

Originally Posted by cabin fever
my 9y/o son fell and broke both bones in his forearm. DR says no swimming for the next 6 weeks. HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

He would be bouncing off the walls in the cabin, if he can't swim, so I'm thinking The boat will be sitting for next few weeks.

F MY LIFE!

Last summer I have all the time in the world, and the boat didn't cooperate. this year the boat has been great, and its been one thing after another with work, kids sports, wifes class, and now broken bones!

sorry, i'm venting.
hey there are water casts made of fg that have air holes between the wrap.. I went swimming with mine during spring break 85. dove off of decks into hotel pools and it held up. I think I used cling wrap if anything. I am behind on getting my boat finished, hurt my left nut just before the 4th so I waited until the 6th to see a doc. Iam use to pain,so I had to have day surgery cause a infection started from waiting so the last 6 days I had to go back every day to have the packing redone. very pain full so I can't work on my boat till next week thats a 2 week loose then 2 weeks to finish. so I know how you feel. but look to see after 2 or 3 weeks if they can do a fg cast. good luck. Art ps. venting and crying
Old 07-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gameboy and cabin... priceless...

Seriously though even if he can't swim I'm sure there are things that he can do out there. My 15 yr old was raised on a boat and for a few seasons wouldn't touch the water. Got her a dvd player and gameboy, she preferred to read so bought her a bunch of books and still took her out. It's not as hard as you might think...
Old 07-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cabin fever
Wow Brian, sorry to hear that. Hope she recovers quickly.

Caleb has a follow up Tuesday. I am going to push for a waterproof cast, but its from his wrist to his shoulder right now, so he couldn't swim anyway.
Yeah, she is taking it pretty hard since last spring, she broke her left shoulder and was in a sling for pretty much the entire summer as well. I told her "Man babe! I'm sure gonna miss you out on the water....." That went over like a turd in a punch bowl! LOL! She's got osteoporosis and her bones are like glass! I told her I was gonna get her a suit that looks like the michelen man! She just laughed.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CrownHawg
Yeah, she is taking it pretty hard since last spring, she broke her left shoulder and was in a sling for pretty much the entire summer as well. I told her "Man babe! I'm sure gonna miss you out on the water....." That went over like a turd in a punch bowl! LOL! She's got osteoporosis and her bones are like glass! I told her I was gonna get her a suit that looks like the michelen man! She just laughed.
Thats pretty funny.

It actually hit Caleb pretty hard yesterday, that he is down for at least 6 weeks. Sad part is he was pretty into BMX racing. He was chasing 2nd place in State points. He was also suppossed to start Football camp Monday. I told him, we can still have fun, just have to find a different way. He goes in for a follow up next tuesday, so we should know more then. could have been much worse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.