Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Prayers needed.  OSO member HIGH LIFE killed >

Prayers needed. OSO member HIGH LIFE killed

Notices

Prayers needed. OSO member HIGH LIFE killed

Old 07-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Condolences for Mike's family and best wishes to all those involved. Like it was said, events like this become a real eyeopener and we must appreciate each day that is given to us.

While I had yet to meet Mike in person he was a pleasure to talk to and had a great love for this sport. RIP Mike.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I cannot believe this has happened- I am stunned. I have spoken to Mike on the phone a couple of times, in fact I had just spoken to him last Thursday. He had brought the "High Life" over to my club about a month ago and we sat for hours talking, then he was kind enough to take my friend and I for a ride. A superb guy, a true gentleman. He really knew his boats and he loved the Magnums. He will be missed. Rest in Peace Mike. Please say a prayer for him and for the recovery of his friend.
Matt
Old 07-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Registered

R I P sad for sure.....
Old 07-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Unhappy

So sorry to hear. My condolences.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered

I always enjoyed Mikes posts, each post he wrote, shows an absolute love for the sport, a devotion to the magnum brand, and an uncompromising hand in friendship to any and all that shared in his passion. He set a great example for this site and showed all the characteristics of a true champion, his family should be very proud of the way he lived. RIP High Life!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is indeed very tragic and sad; prayers to Mike and family and to all involved. God bless.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Registered

know whats sad is the media and the people who dont get it, and some of the people who "saw it" (which in reality i dont think anyone but the couple boats running together saw it. everyone says racing and stuff.
but it wasnt that at all. im good friends with the other 2 boats that they people "saw" and they where not "racing" they where cruzing together which we do all the time!! a boat like mikes will cruz 50 mph easy with no issues, hell my boats best cruz speed is mid to high 40's.
people are looking to blame it on "racing" when infact it had nothing to do with it. the lucky thing was there was only 2 people on the boat because this was going to happen to the boat at some point, it may have been when he was cruzing back to port with 5 people, it may have been next weekend at the poker run who knows, but it was going to happen. the boat was a 1973 and had a lot of time and power behind it.
its just to bad all these people look to blame it on a race.

if a horse jockey got off a horse at the track, then went for a ride in the woods later that day and got hurt or killed it would be an accident, no one would say, well he was going to fast or racing another rider or he was drunk as a skunk. it would be an accident.
its just to bad. mike was a great man doing what he did best (enjoying life on his boat) and he had an accident. thats that.
it was lucky that the other boats where there if anything because they helped right away.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

my condolences to Mike's family
Old 07-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi everyone, this is Mike's son Nick, thank you all so much for the many kind words, my sister Lisa and I can't explain how much it means to us right now. Charlie, that was truly a great day and story, thank you so much for sharing. He truly loved his 27' Magnum, and I'm never going to forget the day he called me up and told me to meet him in Cohasset Harbor because he had a "suprise". I was so happy to see him in it after selling off his 35' because it just didn't cut it for him. The last ride I took in it was at the end of last summer and I remember him opening the throttle and screaming across Nantasket, and him trying to point to the spedometer as we bounced (very proud that he broke the 80mph barrier!).

If anyone has any pictures or anything else that they'd like to share, feel free to contact me at [email protected]. Again, thank you all so much, it's very appreciated!!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HIGH LIFE
Hi everyone, this is Mike's son Nick, thank you all so much for the many kind words, my sister Lisa and I can't explain how much it means to us right now. Charlie, that was truly a great day and story, thank you so much for sharing. He truly loved his 27' Magnum, and I'm never going to forget the day he called me up and told me to meet him in Cohasset Harbor because he had a "suprise". I was so happy to see him in it after selling off his 35' because it just didn't cut it for him. The last ride I took in it was at the end of last summer and I remember him opening the throttle and screaming across Nantasket, and him trying to point to the spedometer as we bounced (very proud that he broke the 80mph barrier!).

If anyone has any pictures or anything else that they'd like to share, feel free to contact me at [email protected]. Again, thank you all so much, it's very appreciated!!
Nick, your dad was tied up to me all day saturday and i had met him a pile of times before and spoke to him a number of times on the phone.
i am so sorry about what happened, the world is missing one great man. if he was anything of a father as he was a friend and a man in general you where a very lucky man yourself. i feel blessed for knowing him and learning the things i did from him. its funny that im 30 years old and i would call him all the time to come out with us, he was just a great man.
im so sorry for you and your family and if there is anything i can do please let me know.

i lost my uncle a few years back and one of his good friends put on a motor cycle run in his honor and it ended up being a very nice thing and i would like to try to work something out for this for next year. please keep in touch and let me know of any arraignments.

i have a couple pics from saturday of Mike and his crew and i also put some up from another run here.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/n...gh-life-6.html

you can reach me at [email protected]
please feel free to call any time. i will give you my cell via e mail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.