Notices

39 Diesel Rockit Update

Old 07-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 39 Diesel Rockit Update

Hustler Powerboats tested a new set of props on the 39 Diesel Rockit and picked up 2 mph more on top of the original 84 mph, using motors that are rated between 460 to 480 HP. Updated fuel burns at different RPM's will be posted sometime next week. In August, the motors will be pulled out of the boat and replaced with motors rated at 550 HP, making this boat go in the low 90's. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks!

Paul LoGiudice
VP of Sales and Marketing
Hustler Powerboats
Old 07-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Impressive!
Old 07-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Impressive!
I don't want to sound like a d**k head but it's not impressive speed, it's what it should run.

I'll give it with their newer materials, better hull design and better engines it's a handful more miles per hour than near equal boats of over 20 years ago were running with like Hp.

I am very happy to see someone has gotten back to where diesels were many years ago and it is a very beautiful boat, something I would buy without hesitation.

So, I'm very happy for them but what they are doing is nothing more than it should do, I'll add they are where everyone else should have been but isn't able to get to for some reason? I'll give them an impressive on that account - LOL
Old 07-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
I don't want to sound like a d**k head but it's not impressive speed, it's what it should run.

I'll give it with their newer materials, better hull design and better engines it's a handful more miles per hour than near equal boats of over 20 years ago were running with like Hp.

I am very happy to see someone has gotten back to where diesels were many years ago and it is a very beautiful boat, something I would buy without hesitation.

So, I'm very happy for them but what they are doing is nothing more than it should do, I'll add they are where everyone else should have been but isn't able to get to for some reason? I'll give them an impressive on that account - LOL
Joe Im going to have to disagree with you on this one. That hull is the fastest in its class..No NorTeck, OL, Cig, 37 AT, 36 Pantera, or any west coast boat can do 115mph on 700's or 725 Ilmors..so to say that this is not amazing speed is incorrect..Hustler has always done a nice job over all on all their diesel boats getting big numbers out of said HP. Good job Joe and Paul. Jeff
Old 07-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Joe Im going to have to disagree with you on this one. That hull is the fastest in its class..No NorTeck, OL, Cig, 37 AT, 36 Pantera, or any west coast boat can do 115mph on 700's or 725 Ilmors..so to say that this is not amazing speed is incorrect..Hustler has always done a nice job over all on all their diesel boats getting big numbers out of said HP. Good job Joe and Paul. Jeff
Umm you may want to rethink that statement Jeff and take Outerlimits off that list.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by HustlerTech
Hustler Powerboats tested a new set of props on the 39 Diesel Rockit and picked up 2 mph more on top of the original 84 mph, using motors that are rated between 460 to 480 HP. Updated fuel burns at different RPM's will be posted sometime next week. In August, the motors will be pulled out of the boat and replaced with motors rated at 550 HP, making this boat go in the low 90's. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks!

Paul LoGiudice
VP of Sales and Marketing
Hustler Powerboats
Congrats! Way cool!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
Umm you may want to rethink that statement Jeff and take Outerlimits off that list.
I can't believe it took you 4 full minutes to make this post!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered

Jassman - I may not have gotten across the point I wanted to make well enough.

The boat is a great boat no arguments from me at all, the Hustler people are good people no problems with any of that, lots of respect.

The speed of the boat with diesels is not impressive it is simply what it should run. If I take what you said and it runs 115 with 700's than with a true 480hp steady state Hp (not the Bull sh*t acceleration dyno run HP most people take videos of and say "see") and the ability to put it all to the water low 80's is right on, correct?

It was more of a "it's about time" someone was able to get speed out of a diesel similar to 25 years ago.

We have our Euro frinds on here, they post pictures of a 30 year old Don Shead boat in England that raced here in 1990 under the name of "Diesel Dancer" that I think was pretty much all fiberglass, very heavy, no steps, #3 Merc drives, BIG HEAVY Saber diesels that were 600hp and weighed if I recall 1,600 lbs each and that boat could run into the 80's everyday it ran!

So, what Hustler is doing with that boat is simply what it should do, not more or less.

As a company I applaud them for sinking money into this project and having the balls to keep going with it when so many others just slap a diesel in a boat and when it doesn't go as planned they yank them out put in gas engines and sell the boat as many builders have done over the years.

The hull helps but from the little they've shared (not that I asked them many questions they are forthright), with the gearing and rpms the prop speed is getting where it needs to be, hence speed. That's not amazing it's following proven engineering which many others have not - that I give them high marks for.

Hey, my opinion isn't worth 2 cents and I can't afford it anyway.

Last edited by HabanaJoe; 07-21-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Registered

Jassman - so we really both agree someone is finally making a decent running diesel power boat, right?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
correct me if Im wrong..I thought the 39 OL was 112...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.