Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it! >

Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it!

Notices

Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it!

Old 09-29-2015, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think there is anything faster with a single that I know of then this...DCB m29 with single 1350 merc. 140 mph

http://www.rockstarboats.com/2014-m-29-dcb-.html
Old 09-29-2015, 03:46 PM
Registered

Buck Stracener [ no more bucks ] has been to 151 and better in his Nordic 28ss cat .
Old 09-29-2015, 05:28 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm really glad this thread came back to life!
I to have been looking for something a little longer that will seat 4 in the back seat that runs a respectable speed.
I've gotten over thinking I wanted a supercharger sticking up thru the hatch so I've been looking at the 26' to 29' step bottom hulls that run 80 with a stock Merc-Racing 525 or comperable. I'm very familiar with the LaveyCraft from the Factory-1 days, and remember all the write-ups when the Howard lit-up the pages of Power Boat mag with their speeds.
I was thinking there were a couple of 288 Sunsation out there that ran pretty good and was surprised none were mentioned. So, are there any other names that haven't been mentioned that might make the list? Is the former Factory-1 28 Pantera a stepped bottom or straight?
Old 09-29-2015, 09:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gordo
I'm really glad this thread came back to life!
I to have been looking for something a little longer that will seat 4 in the back seat that runs a respectable speed.
I've gotten over thinking I wanted a supercharger sticking up thru the hatch so I've been looking at the 26' to 29' step bottom hulls that run 80 with a stock Merc-Racing 525 or comperable. I'm very familiar with the LaveyCraft from the Factory-1 days, and remember all the write-ups when the Howard lit-up the pages of Power Boat mag with their speeds.
I was thinking there were a couple of 288 Sunsation out there that ran pretty good and was surprised none were mentioned. So, are there any other names that haven't been mentioned that might make the list? Is the former Factory-1 28 Pantera a stepped bottom or straight?
I'm not for sure on the Factory-1 28 Pantera? Curious to know the same! I see you have an Active Thunder like my friend John Vineyard has. Very fast non stepped single V bottom boat!! I have ridden in the new stepped 288 Sunsation with a 502 and it was entirely too rough for me! I've never been lucky enough to ride in a Hustler 29 Rockit but I hear they are the cats meow in rough water and runs in the 90's with 700HP. Drawback is he wants 100K for one less power and drive which is way too rich for my blood. Uncle Dave on here responded years back with his Laveycraft when I started this thread and was very impressed with his #'s and reviews but have yet to see one in my area here in the ville. The Nordics ride to rough for my blood too. That's why I've been inquiring on the 29 Fountain for the money with a 525. I'm curious to see some more feedback on V bottom, stepped hull singles! It's apparent the catamarans are the fastest but I want a stand up bolster v bottom boat that i can comfortably sleep in. Bring on the feedback.....
Old 09-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fairly certain all 28 Panteras are straight bottom.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by Scalded Dawg
Non stepped 92?�� How much power does the 565 make?
It pulled 787HP on the dyno. Yes, non-step.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SPITFIRE
Fairly certain all 28 Panteras are straight bottom.
pantera make a step bottom 28
Old 10-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Registered

My wife and I boat camp a lot on Catalina Island on our 29 NuEra Lavey Craft. It has 2 steps and runs 76 GPS on a Stock 575sci. It rides in the ocean well enough that my wife doesn't make me trade it in for a SeaRay or something. I only have a porta potty and it is comfortable for 1 or 2 nights. You won't find any closed bow Laveys around and if you do, you should jump on it. If you are ever in Los Angeles I will take you for a ride. Uncle Dave has a 2750 so between both of our boats you can probably get a good idea what you want if you were interested in a Lavey Craft.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:36 PM
Registered

Something else to add, Lavey Craft has been building boats that have been sold to Germany and other countries. These clients have enough money to buy what ever they want and they chose Lavey Craft.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by avbiro
My wife and I boat camp a lot on Catalina Island on our 29 NuEra Lavey Craft. It has 2 steps and runs 76 GPS on a Stock 575sci. It rides in the ocean well enough that my wife doesn't make me trade it in for a SeaRay or something. I only have a porta potty and it is comfortable for 1 or 2 nights. You won't find any closed bow Laveys around and if you do, you should jump on it. If you are ever in Los Angeles I will take you for a ride. Uncle Dave has a 2750 so between both of our boats you can probably get a good idea what you want if you were interested in a Lavey Craft.
Thanks for the feedback and the offer! I'm dying to ride in Uncle Daves and saw a 29 NuEra Lavey for sale last night with a 525. Didn't know they even made them and are a beautiful boat just like the 27. Congratulations on your 29! Would love to see some pictures of yours!!

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/27680

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.