Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it! >

Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it!

Notices

Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it!

Old 08-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck on your quest for 100 Art. Should you make it out here Id love to go for a ride.

I dont know Sabre, but Balsa and vinlyester when packaged correctly make for one stout hull that also lasts a loong time.

Ocean Navigation with no visibility and just a compass takes more balls than a chinese ping pong tournament. Ive done it, but wont recommend it thats for sure. Im not so worried about me, but its my family cargo and friends Im looking to keep safe and secure. Problem I have is that one of the busiest ports in the world is between me and my most common destinations so I take all the precautions money can buy.

Cant wait to see your new rig.

Uncle Dave
Old 08-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Velocity 28 is fast and handles like sports car . I have driven a couple boats in-between 22&36ft . If you know what your doing the velocity is just one of the best thats my opinion (Not an actual spokes person )
Old 08-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Registered

It was Uncle Dave's testimony on how well Lavey Craft's handled the rough that was the determining factor in my decision to purchase one. I was extremely surprised at the efficiency of the hull, with respect to both handling the rough and fuel efficiency. My boat runs 77gps any day and 79 with perfect water temp, chop, labbed prop, wind, everything out of the boat and 1/4 tank and ZERO chine walk or tracking problems. Tried to hit 80 this summer, just couldn't do it. So the original thread asked what's the fastest without sacrificing ride. I'm not saying Lavey Craft makes the fastest, but I will say there are not too many boats you can keep dumping more power into without sacrificing the ride and keep increasing speed, Lavey Craft is definitely one of them.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Registered

Gotta love it! They say "no rest for the wicked!" lol. Keep us posted and thanks for the pointers. Just glad I've had a trouble free season so far.........

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
so you have a shortie Great, that helps mine had just the 2'' shortie and it handled so much better in rough ocean water. yes wildcard he had the 3'' raised box. all the guys around me that have there propshafts shorter have picked up more speed and handling. Boxer the sutphin 31 has a 1200hp motor going in it and he bought back his old 26 footer which ran in p4 back inthe day and when propped right was at 98 with 800 to 850 hp. thats going to be fin ished soon. on the boxes when you go out 12'' your prop thinks its in 1'' deeper water. thats why the 3'' raised box is great you really pick up 2'' water to prop. so when wildcard did it he ended up with another 2'' shortie but it was just a little to high so he added a 1'' spacer with a total of4''raised drive but the boat thinks it 3''. I am starting high with my konrad 3'' shaft height because I can go down but not up. theres some singles running 2'' propshaft height but those are more of the step bottom boats. if you keep your boat and want more speed you could have someone sharpen your transom and chines like the sutphens have a very sharp edge on both which helps with speed. well I'll post on the saber as soon as we go out its been a 2yr project. right now headers are hitting power stairing and alt brackets. big azz headers starting to think too big.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Registered

Very nice ride UD! Damn your wanting to make me sell my Baja the more and more you keep posting pictures.....lol. I'll will keep it in this economy for I think things are gonna get worse and I'm done dumping money into boats........

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Heres is Quents beautiful 100+MPH 2750 Mid Cabin Open Bow.

I copied Quents paint style he on his 24 bowrider with a 710 in it.

1000HP Dustin whipple BBC on 93 octane.
950 on 91
SCX upper Sc lower.

I wish I had my hatch pad made like this with the cushion surrounding the vent as pad is much easier on the elbows.

I also like how Kevlar looks in the mold.

Thought it was worth throwing out there.

Uncle Dave
Old 08-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Good luck on your quest for 100 Art. Should you make it out here Id love to go for a ride.

I dont know Sabre, but Balsa and vinlyester when packaged correctly make for one stout hull that also lasts a loong time.

Ocean Navigation with no visibility and just a compass takes more balls than a chinese ping pong tournament. Ive done it, but wont recommend it thats for sure. Im not so worried about me, but its my family cargo and friends Im looking to keep safe and secure. Problem I have is that one of the busiest ports in the world is between me and my most common destinations so I take all the precautions money can buy.

Cant wait to see your new rig.

Uncle Dave
HA HAH that was in 94 I had big balls back then, I have a nice Garmin going in the saber. and sure on the ride. we are getting there faster than I think next week looks possible thanks to Gerry knot right and Mike slick stinger yesterday I did most of the handing tools to them. the hull sounds like steel when you bang on it inside. I hope the glass work I did holds we used kevlar for the gas tank. I will post later this week on the saber section and try to post pics. for speed I hope the box and higher drive height do it with Dean Gellner power. Art
Old 08-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Hahahaha, we always call a GPS the "Lie Dectector".
hehehehehe, it sure is.

Single 25 Daytona, first water test.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mange
I'll try to see 110+ with a 32 Activator w #6 drive and 1100hp...

No cabin, no cup holders, no big $$$ stereo or other useless crap like that.....

It's not a dead flat condition boat ........

Mange
Old 08-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Does anybody know if that Donzi-mighty mouse is running a procharger?? or what cube sbc he has??

John jr
Old 08-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
Does anybody know if that Donzi-mighty mouse is running a procharger?? or what cube sbc he has??

John jr
At one time yes.. 440 ci I believe. Current owner's setup ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.