Like Tree0Likes

Business Must Be Good!!!!

Old 08-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2007 Formula FasTech 292

FWIW. I've had VERY good quick responses with Pier 57 and Shogren anytime I was looking at boat of theirs. The rest of them blow IMO.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 32 Sunsation SSR, 308 skater,( #1-28 skater sold), 24' Xpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS930 View Post
I was seriously shopping for almost six months this last time around with cash in hand. You wouldn't believe how few people return emails or calls, never mind in a timely manor.
yep...I stated I had cash in hand too, no trade... WTH???
Old 08-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1987 Banana: 1990 Banana: 2008 Banana: 2011 Sonic:
Default Ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS930 View Post
I was seriously shopping for almost six months this last time around with cash in hand. You wouldn't believe how few people return emails or calls, never mind in a timely manor.
I know the feeling... paid 2/3rds of the price of a new Sonic in October, told I would have an April deliver date... in April thought about calling it a day but later agreed to continue with the build.. paid the balance in May as I expected a May delivery.. it is August still not boat... times are better than we all thought...
Old 08-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1987 Banana: 1990 Banana: 2008 Banana: 2011 Sonic:
Default Ss

Last edited by sp123; 08-03-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2003 Eliminator 30' Daytona

I contacted a dealer that had a used boat on OSO. Got no responce. About a year earlier I had contaced the owner that had the boat. I dug up his email address and emailed him if boat was still for sale & told him I had not heard from dealer in over a week. Guy told me yes and said he would deal with me on the sale. Over next 2 weeks looked at and bought boat. Two weeks lafter that I get email from dealer saying the yes boat was still for sale and wanted to know if I wanted to see it. I forwared the email on to the person I had bought the boat from.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Registered

My Boats: Fixing yours

On a POSTIVE note, I called Performance boat brokerage this week to inquiry about a boat that I was interested in. I talked to Brett, asked him to tell me about the boat. He was what I felt extremely honest in describing all the boats imprefections, without me asking or prying for them. I felt he honestly represented the boat's true condition and did not try to hide stuff other dealers would! Brett knew quite a bit of history aobut the boat and was happy to share it. When I get closer to pulling the trigger I plan on giving them a call again!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

My Boats: NT 477!! Ilmors Baby!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
On a POSTIVE note, I called Performance boat brokerage this week to inquiry about a boat that I was interested in. I talked to Brett, asked him to tell me about the boat. He was what I felt extremely honest in describing all the boats imprefections, without me asking or prying for them. I felt he honestly represented the boat's true condition and did not try to hide stuff other dealers would! Brett knew quite a bit of history aobut the boat and was happy to share it. When I get closer to pulling the trigger I plan on giving them a call again!
but I could C why nobody would want 2 deal w/ U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Registered

My Boats: Fixing yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinkleface View Post
but I could C why nobody would want 2 deal w/ U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That goes for you too. Must be alot of rotten teeth in Michigan these days!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Cigarette,Sunsation, Skater, Wright Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
We appreciate the call and the post. The boat you called on has spent a couple of months of my lift at the house, I know it well and its one that I almost want to keep! Almost!!!

Brett
Performance Boat Brokerage
Old 08-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
I contacted a dealer that had a used boat on OSO. Got no responce. About a year earlier I had contaced the owner that had the boat. I dug up his email address and emailed him if boat was still for sale & told him I had not heard from dealer in over a week. Guy told me yes and said he would deal with me on the sale. Over next 2 weeks looked at and bought boat. Two weeks lafter that I get email from dealer saying the yes boat was still for sale and wanted to know if I wanted to see it. I forwared the email on to the person I had bought the boat from.
That's great. I normally don't advocate under-cutting a broker but in this case, that's awesome. Fvck 'em if it takes 2 weeks to a month to return calls. They deserve to fail if it takes them that long. I don't care what the excuse is, I don't want to hear it. 1 to 2 business days and I walk away.