Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/259880-looking-fastest-30-33-foot-twin-engine-vee-hull.html)

verytricky 08-13-2011 07:30 PM

Real offshore boat

This boat, from Banana Shark UK, is the dogs bollocks. ( that is a good thing - translated for the USA ) It is built in a single mould, and emerges as a completed deck and hull. As there is no join of deck and hull, it is lighter for the same strength. Stupidly light for the size of boat, it has space for twin 525's and this should easily get you the ton. It is also properly designed for real sea, not a pond boat.....

verytricky 08-13-2011 07:33 PM

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...une2011597.jpg

A.O. Razor 08-13-2011 07:55 PM

Those are the biggest steps I've ever seen.

bert4332 08-13-2011 11:52 PM

My Lavey Craft is a 29', listed as such, total length is 30' 5", so NOT ALL lie, but most!

Originally Posted by Todd Hartigh (Post 3476279)
Actually, yes...kinda...

The old 32 running length minus the platform was just under 30' which is why they were able to run the F1 class.

The newer 32's are I beleive 3" longer ?. That is what allowed them to run in the F2 class. Also the new 32's are not 32', they are 31'-7".
They all lie!

Rik 08-14-2011 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by verytricky (Post 3477947)
This boat, from Banana Shark UK, is the dogs bollocks. ( that is a good thing - translated for the USA ) It is built in a single mould, and emerges as a completed deck and hull. As there is no join of deck and hull, it is lighter for the same strength. Stupidly light for the size of boat, it has space for twin 525's and this should easily get you the ton. It is also properly designed for real sea, not a pond boat.....

It runs really well too. What other boat 34' with a pair of 260hp 4 cylinder diesels can run 70 mph?

pullmytrigger 08-14-2011 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by verytricky (Post 3477947)

how much is the open top pleasure version??...whats the cabin like??

PetterM 08-14-2011 01:15 PM

There are some pics of the open version in the build thread here:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...nce-racer.html

348SStb 08-18-2011 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Airpacker (Post 3475433)
Yet you did not know what the acronym BBC stands for?

Something smells a little like a fish to me.

Just sayin'

No fish. I was using my iPhone while on a trip to Block Island and I wasn't decoding acronyms on the go. I'm fairly new around here and I haven't yet dispensed with my tendency to write in complete sentences without abbreviations.

verytricky 08-19-2011 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger (Post 3478318)
how much is the open top pleasure version??...whats the cabin like??

You will have to phone/email and ask.

They are guys you build and race their own boats. They won the UK championship a few years ago, and set a UK speed record in the boat they designed.

They also fixed my V24 when it kept breaking, and it never broke again after their fix, which is the main reason why I plug them.

They also did the redesign on my BladeRunner multihull - I changed the tunnel and added a step to the boat. This has stood up to some quite rough testing, so I am very confident in their build quality.

I dont think they 'fit out' the cabin - they would sub contract that - or even ship it bare hull so you could fit it out in the US. You guys are generally better at that anyway, and have a different 'taste'. What you should go for is the design and structure of this boat, and fill in the blan
ks in the USA.

pullmytrigger 08-19-2011 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by verytricky (Post 3483575)
You will have to phone/email and ask.

They are guys you build and race their own boats. They won the UK championship a few years ago, and set a UK speed record in the boat they designed.

They also fixed my V24 when it kept breaking, and it never broke again after their fix, which is the main reason why I plug them.

They also did the redesign on my BladeRunner multihull - I changed the tunnel and added a step to the boat. This has stood up to some quite rough testing, so I am very confident in their build quality.

I dont think they 'fit out' the cabin - they would sub contract that - or even ship it bare hull so you could fit it out in the US. You guys are generally better at that anyway, and have a different 'taste'. What you should go for is the design and structure of this boat, and fill in the blan
ks in the USA.

The reason I asked that is because the number one item on the original posters list of requirements was it had to be a pleasure boat......#1