Notices

Boat wheelie??

Old 08-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoater
hey im no moron, and too young to drink LOL
LOL, I have done a few moronic things in my life and I drink. I have a 250 Verado on a 20' Ranger and I can stand it up pretty good if I trim high and give her. I never tried that though. Dont think I will either.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It does'nt take a rocket sceincetist to figure out how to do a "wheelie" If you need that much help to do something SOOOOO stupid, then I sugest you grow up and smell the roses. You don't belong in a boat.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sunchaser796
It does'nt take a rocket sceincetist to figure out how to do a "wheelie" If you need that much help to do something SOOOOO stupid, then I sugest you grow up and smell the roses. You don't belong in a boat.
Says the guy who works on the boats we break, tough to get buisness saying that stuff don't you think
Old 08-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Make sure someone videotapes you trying it so I can submit you for next years Darwin awards.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smoker62
Thats a pro driver from a ski show in Minoqua. Not a moron with a beer. Practicing before the Aqua Bats show... LOL.
Bingo. I would not compare this guy to an azzhat in a cafe running too close to other boats, with other people on board.

That boat is also modified in the transom, built stonger. Nothing stock about this setup.

If you do that in a normal runabout, cc, bassboat ect. you will eventually ruin your transom. You will also need a low pitch prop with tons of bite.

Go to screamandfly, I bet some of the guys over there can tell you about this stuff.

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 08-12-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Junk pics, but I've played around a little bit like that in my old HydroStream

Old 08-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two questions:

1. Does he have a camera installed under the bow so he can see the potential victims he could run over?

2. At what point during the stunt is he not a douchebag?

Notice during the nighttime shot, he's doing wheelies and no one is paying attention "to the schmuck in his little red boat."
Old 08-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts

Biggest trick is big diameter, low pitch, a bunch of blades and stupid amounts of trim.
There's another video floating around of a guy doing the same thing in a 12' or 13' aluminum boat w/a 30 hp motor on it.
Used to have a Flightcraft O/B barefoot O/B w/a 200 Merc and a 5 blade wheel on it that was large fun. At idle you trim the motor up so it's barely in the water then pin it. W/it that high it's into the "tilt" mode which won't hold that much pressure and bleeds off allowing the motor to drop. Took a few try's but finally got where I could get the boat to clear the water on the hit and then keep my foot on the floor through to WFO. Came back to a crowd at the ramp
Here's shot while playing w/my old Sonic. Excess up trim and pulsing the throttles on calm water.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

It just seems like it would be only a matter of time before this trick goes wrong, and the worst happens.

At least put on a lifeline vest, and a helmet..!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Registered

Pretty cool. This is a guy in a stunt show. This is what they do. Picture Joie Chitwood on the water.

I'd hope they have a safety crew ready to roll.

Not something you'd try on the river while someone's holding your beer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.