Notices

Washin da boat!

Old 08-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washin da boat!

What do you guys use to wash your boats? I have a really old brush that I use to wash everything from my truck to my wifes car to the boat. I've had it forever and it's very soft but starting to fall apart. I can't find anything like it that I don't feel with scratch paint or gel. Even the softest brush at WestMarine seems pretty tough to me.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

micro fiber towels.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

A sponge....
Old 08-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lamb wool washing glove, microfiber towels, cloths and applicators. Poorboy's World shampoo and Natty's paste wax white. Foam lance on high pressure washer. No brushes or sponges. Don't want scratches. In the spring, it also gets claybarred and get White diamond glaze and EX-P sealant, also from Poorboy's World. Great products. I use a Flex XC 3401 VRG with 6" Sonus SFX black polishing pads for glaze, sealant, and wax on the large areas, and the small microfiber applicators where the machine can't get to. I just love to rub my cars and boat

If you don't want to spend the money on the lamb wool washing glowe, get one in microfiber. It's the scratch free way to go, hands down. Always wash it, when done, so there is nothing in it that scratches the surface. Have two, in case you drop it on the ground.

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 08-15-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by brwn234
What do you guys use to wash your boats? I have a really old brush that I use to wash everything from my truck to my wifes car to the boat. I've had it forever and it's very soft but starting to fall apart. I can't find anything like it that I don't feel with scratch paint or gel. Even the softest brush at WestMarine seems pretty tough to me.
I feel your pain. Mines falling apart too. Must be 10 hrs old. Bought new ones at West Marine and the are crap. There has to be a quality brush somewhere.

Micro fibers are great
Old 08-16-2011, 03:49 AM
Registered

If you don't want to spend the money on the lamb wool washing glowe, get one in microfiber