Like Tree0Likes

Good to see...

Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 12:42 AM
  #11
Registered
Thread Starter
 
bimini run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 1998 21' Baja Hammer
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigaretteSam View Post
Sorry to hear about your parents!

I am 18 years old and I am just like you, into the big fast boats. I have been on a few myself and they are a blast to ride on!
I boat on Manhasset Bay NY on Long Island....I own a 13' Mini Hawk but I am trying to sell it at the moment.
I haven't really had any opportunities to drive in anything major but my hammer's good enough for me. I've basically stolen it from my parents, the past two years I think my dads only driven twice. But he wants meant drive so, I have no problems with that. If only I had a way to get her in the water on my own, I'd be set!

I saw your mini hawk on here a few weeks ago, looks fun. I love the paint job on it.
bimini run is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:46 AM
  #12
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
My Boats: boatless
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimini run View Post
I haven't really had any opportunities to drive in anything major but my hammer's good enough for me. I've basically stolen it from my parents, the past two years I think my dads only driven twice. But he wants meant drive so, I have no problems with that. If only I had a way to get her in the water on my own, I'd be set!

I saw your mini hawk on here a few weeks ago, looks fun. I love the paint job on it.
Im sure you'll get the opportunity. If I ever get a bigger boat, you are welcome to come down and take a ride....but the boat I am looking at needs alot of work.
Where on the island are you? And thanks, I did alot of the work on the Mini Hawk myself...need it sold though as soon as I get back from vacation.

Sam
CigaretteSam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:08 PM
  #13
Registered
Thread Starter
 
bimini run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 1998 21' Baja Hammer
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigaretteSam View Post
Im sure you'll get the opportunity. If I ever get a bigger boat, you are welcome to come down and take a ride....but the boat I am looking at needs alot of work.
Where on the island are you? And thanks, I did alot of the work on the Mini Hawk myself...need it sold though as soon as I get back from vacation.

Sam
I mainly boat around Moriches bay, go out into the great south bay a bit to to go to watch hill and Davis park.
bimini run is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:53 PM
  #14
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
My Boats: boatless
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimini run View Post
I mainly boat around Moriches bay, go out into the great south bay a bit to to go to watch hill and Davis park.
Nice area from what i've heard. How does the boat perform out on the water? BTW, if you know anyone who wants a boat let me know...i need to sell my boat once I get back to NY.

Sam
CigaretteSam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:26 PM
  #15
Registered
Thread Starter
 
bimini run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 1998 21' Baja Hammer
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigaretteSam View Post
Nice area from what i've heard. How does the boat perform out on the water? BTW, if you know anyone who wants a boat let me know...i need to sell my boat once I get back to NY.

Sam
It's good enough for this area. Can't go out in the ocean unless it's pretty calm but that's alright. When you get on it, she'll do a good 65. And I'll keep an eye out for anyone looking to by a boat.
bimini run is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:55 PM
  #16
Charter Member #232
Charter Member
 
Audiofn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carlisle, MA USA
My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
Posts: 18,379
Default

Go talk to your dad and tell him how much it would mean to you. I bet he finds a way to get you out.
__________________
Put your best foot forward!
Audiofn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:38 AM
  #17
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Columbia, MO
My Boats: 38 Cig TG, 36 Envision Legacy ESP
Posts: 464
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofn View Post
Go talk to your dad and tell him how much it would mean to you. I bet he finds a way to get you out.
+1. My parents didn't get along as I was growing up in high school or college. Dad & I went out a lot in the boat together. It gave us both a break and got to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.

Actually with my Dad, wife & good friend traveling in a truck now heading to pick up a new boat. Boat ownership will happen if you want it to happen. Keep working hard, stay focused, manage your income/expenses at your young age appropriately and never quit dreaming and saying "someday I'm gonna have one" Good luck!!!
36Envision is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:45 AM
  #18
Registered
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 1998 Scarab
Posts: 870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimini run View Post
It's good enough for this area. Can't go out in the ocean unless it's pretty calm but that's alright. When you get on it, she'll do a good 65. And I'll keep an eye out for anyone looking to by a boat.
I do my boating on the Great South Bay. My boat is only a Scarab Sport so it's nothing crazy, but you are welcome to jump on and spend a day cruising and having lunch at Kismet or Frank and Dicks with me and the wife. Everybody should get to enjoy that, life's too damn short.
frankenstein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:12 PM
  #19
Registered
Thread Starter
 
bimini run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 1998 21' Baja Hammer
Posts: 175
Default

Thanks everybody for your concern. Things are starting to smooth out so we'll see, maybe I'll get out on it at least once before the summer's over. If not, I may have to take you up on that offer frankenstein

And it's not necessarily a matter of whether or not my dad can take me out or not..he can, I just don't know if I wanna go with him at this point. He did offer to drop me and my mom off with the boat, and then we could go out, but then my mom doesn't trust me driving alone...but like I said, things are starting to get better so we'll see.

I really appreciate all the comments guys, thank you.

Last edited by bimini run; 08-19-2011 at 08:15 PM.
bimini run is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.