A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure

Old 08-18-2011, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

[QUOTE=salesmanship;3482162]
Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
1) Of coarse the flippers must match your boat ! LOL

3) Not sure what brand this tropical fish was.

Well Bob,
What you have there is a Seargent Major.

Your friends at the Nor-Tech Animal Planet.
Or shall we say, " Animal House", Terry ?? LOL
Old 08-18-2011, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Do they have a Wal-Mart there too?
No Wal-Mart Terry and not even any washrooms we were told. The visiting public was able to use the washrooms on the high speed ferry from Key West when at the docks.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob great pictures and thanks for sharing! Sounds like you're living the good life...continue to enjoy!

I always enjoy reading about your adventures, hopefully one of these days we'll get a chance to meet and boat together. I'd definitely be interested in a FL to Bahamas run as other have mentioned...keep us posted on what you decide to put together.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

In pic 1, some may say, wow can Bob ever steer straight when looking at the northbound leg from Key West to Marco Island. Actually credit must be given to the auto pilot which makes piloting this boat much more relaxing when on long trips.

I dare not use the auto pilot on the leg from Dry Tortugas over to Key West as like the rest of my crew I surely would have fallen asleep. The hot sun and the day's activities just sucked the life out of us, but was so worth it.

Someone mentioned on Facebook that the pic of Hans reminds him of those scenes in " Weekend at Bernie's" where Bernie is propped up all the time. LOL

Bob
Attached Thumbnails A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure-dt1.jpg   A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure-dt17.jpg   A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure-dt18.jpg  

Old 08-18-2011, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
Bob great pictures and thanks for sharing! Sounds like you're living the good life...continue to enjoy!

I always enjoy reading about your adventures, hopefully one of these days we'll get a chance to meet and boat together. I'd definitely be interested in a FL to Bahamas run as other have mentioned...keep us posted on what you decide to put together.
Thanks, Jason. I will let you know on Bahamas run.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

In pic 1, some may say, wow can Bob ever steer straight when looking at the northbound leg from Key West to Marco Island. Actually credit must be given to the auto pilot which makes piloting this boat much more relaxing when on long trips.

I dare not use the auto pilot on the leg from Dry Tortugas over to Key West as like the rest of my crew I surely would have fallen asleep. The hot sun and the day's activities just sucked the life out of us, but was so worth it.

Someone mentioned on Facebook that the pic of Hans reminds him of those scenes in " Weekend at Bernie's" where Bernie is propped up all the time. LOL

Bob
Middle pic...is that a sasquatch sighting?....J/K Jay!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great trip Bob!! I was on the other side for a few days boating from Miami to Ocean Reef, Gilberts , Smugglers Inn and basically goofing off. Stayed one night in Miami and three nights at Ocean Reef. Nice place to hang out by the way!! Maybe 200 + miles and made it back to TNT where the Cig lives. If you do a East side run to Bahamas let me know and maybe I could get a crew together and go.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Great trip, Bob. Thanks for always sharing your adventures. Looks like you guys had a blast!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob

Great shot of Jay snoozing, I had the opposite problem on my boat he never sat down
Old 08-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like a dental cuspidor in the background are you practicing sedation dentistry aboard?
Attached Thumbnails A whirlwind 350 mile Dry Tortugas / Key West mini adventure-wax-try-ua-003.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.