Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Power boats not allowed at public marina (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/260791-power-boats-not-allowed-public-marina.html)

Dr Ralphy 08-22-2011 06:40 AM

Power boats not allowed at public marina

Power boats not allowed at public marina paid for by power boater taxes

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...m-creek-s.html

Dd24skater 08-22-2011 06:49 AM

signed

AB From Windsor 08-22-2011 07:21 AM

Done #78

Good Luck!

Dr Ralphy 08-22-2011 07:21 AM

Thanks, we are making a difference. ODNR is now requiring a public boat parking space to access the portable toilet dumping facility. We still need to work on access to the public restrooms and parking lot.

This is a pilot project in our local lake. It is to be a model for ALL public parks in the future. IF it is allowed to be operated as a private facility YOU or your CHILDREN will one day find your local park filled with private facilities that you are not permitted to access.

Be heard now or be excluded later.

Dr Ralphy 08-22-2011 07:24 AM

Thanks Andy, Well written comments. You hit the nail squarely on the head.

Dr Ralphy 08-22-2011 08:04 AM

109 views and 2 signatures? Read it again as if it is your lake, because soon it may be!

It takes less than one minute to sign your name

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...m-creek-s.html

BigBoater 08-22-2011 08:17 AM

Signed, #80

TDSTYG 08-22-2011 08:22 AM

i stayed overnight in this cove last weekend. i saw you back there. i was in the 32 sunsation tied up to the scarab and checkmate. i didnt relize that this was going on.

so you cant go to the bathroom? its public right? please explain. is some sailboat nerd going to fight you or something? if so i will go up there and pee this friday night.

Dr Ralphy 08-22-2011 08:41 AM

Yes, We saw you come back in the Sunsation w/ Twins. Nice boat! The guy with the Checkmate sure has kept that girl in nice shape for her age. Next Friday come raft with us!

I was in the raft with all the different kinds of boats.

The dock slips are leased to individuals.The restroom, shelter house, picnic grounds, and parking lot are supposed to be public. The State contract with the local club says that they are to remain open to the public and that all courtesy docks are to be open to the public. The club has circumvented compliance by not designating any courtesy docks.

I have had the cops called on me 4 times for trying to access the facility. Every time there is no citation because we are supposed to be able to access, yet there is still the hassle. Earlier this year I was there helping my chronically ill brother in law ready his boat so the nieces could go swimming. I had a member of the club come up and yell in my face and puff his chest (in front of my one year old son) telling me to leave or he is calling the cops again. So, yes you may have someone pick a fight.

MOST of the sailors there are great guys. It only takes a few people to corrupt a system.

Wally 08-22-2011 09:28 AM

fantastixvoyage 08-22-2011 09:34 AM

#84! Not even from the same state but understand its importance. One thing these last few years have taught me is the government has made it perfectly clear they have their own agenda and are NOT there for the good of the people. Anything I can do in attempt to limit this b.s. I'm all for.

Literally takes 10 seconds.

Interceptor 08-22-2011 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 3485272)
#84! Not even from the same state but understand its importance. One thing these last few years have taught me is the government has made it perfectly clear they have their own agenda and are NOT there for the good of the people. Anything I can do in attempt to limit this b.s. I'm all for.

Literally takes 10 seconds.

Is this the government or a few of the club members deciding to make their own rules ?

Cash Bar 08-22-2011 10:49 AM

#86, which is ironic, as that has ALWAYS been my number in sports. Good Luck !!

fantastixvoyage 08-22-2011 10:51 AM

"Target: Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Army Corp of EngineersRegion: United States of AmericaShare now:

Background (Preamble):
The parking lot, restrooms and pump out station at the Alum Creek Sailboat Marina are public facilities.

These facilities are not accessible to the boating public from the waterways.
Petition:
We, the undersigned, call on the Ohio Department of Natural Resources and Army Corp of Engineers to mandate courtesy docks at the Alum Creek Sailing Association for public access to the restroom and parking lot."

fantastixvoyage 08-22-2011 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 3485366)
"Target: Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Army Corp of EngineersRegion: United States of AmericaShare now:

Background (Preamble):
The parking lot, restrooms and pump out station at the Alum Creek Sailboat Marina are public facilities.

These facilities are not accessible to the boating public from the waterways.
Petition:
We, the undersigned, call on the Ohio Department of Natural Resources and Army Corp of Engineers to mandate courtesy docks at the Alum Creek Sailing Association for public access to the restroom and parking lot."

Looks like blowboters trying to claim public facilities as their own...

Cash Bar 08-22-2011 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 3485368)
Looks like blowboters trying to claim public facilities as their own...

Do sailboats have PLUGS? I know a few guys with re-breather systems that like a good time. :eek::evilb:

haulinit 08-22-2011 11:00 AM

Padraig 08-22-2011 11:06 AM

Done number 91

Wasted Income 08-22-2011 11:58 AM

Dean Ferry 08-22-2011 12:03 PM

Done!

On Time 08-22-2011 12:05 PM

Uncle Dave 08-22-2011 12:16 PM

unacceptable.

Signed.

UD

hadleycat 08-22-2011 12:17 PM

twin screws 08-22-2011 12:37 PM

98, I'm in Ga, however now matter where you are the Corp sucks. Our lake is already 6 or 7 ft down. If that hurricane doesn't hit us those idiots will let it down like three years ago.
18 to 20ft. Good luck.

Baja_342 08-22-2011 01:02 PM

#100. Do I get a prize?

twin screws 08-22-2011 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Baja_302 (Post 3485516)
#100. Do I get a prize?

you should my man, hahaha!!!:lolhit:

HTRDLNCN 08-22-2011 02:18 PM

#103 here

Mastercraft240 08-22-2011 02:20 PM

Dr Ralphy 08-22-2011 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by twin screws (Post 3485492)
98, I'm in Ga, however now matter where you are the Corp sucks. Our lake is already 6 or 7 ft down. If that hurricane doesn't hit us those idiots will let it down like three years ago.
18 to 20ft. Good luck.

The Army corp came out here several times to inspect this facility to make sure it is open to the public. The first time they were locked out by a gate put across the road, the next time they were locked out of the bathrooms because keypad locks were put on them. In each case they told the club they must remove the barriers and allow the public in. When I asked them to take a look at the no access to the restrooms... they said how the contract between the state and club works is between the state and club, and they did not want to be bothered with it any more.

If you want to drop a letter to the army Corp. of Engineers person that is not enforcing public access send me a PM and I will send you their email address.

Thanks for signing, thanks for the support.

BobbyB 08-22-2011 03:24 PM

Dr Ralphy 08-22-2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Interceptor (Post 3485340)
Is this the government or a few of the club members deciding to make their own rules ?

The Ohio Department of natural resources has a Vendor sublease contract with The Alum Creek sailing Association (I have the contract if you want to read it). The sublease says that the facility must be open to the public. The State told the club in 2006 (I have meeting minutes if you want to read them) that all courtesy docks must be open to the public. The club will not designate any docks as courtesy docks. The State says the club is not in violation of the contract because it does not specifically say they have to have courtesy docks. The contract does say:
"To assume full responsibility for the planning and construction of seasonal an/or guest dockage in accordance with plans and specifications approved by the office of Chief Engineer and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers"

The Army does not want to be bothered with the issue. They don't care.

The State has a vested interest in making the sailboat club happy. The State gets a portion of the profit generated by the club. The State also does not want to admit fault in the administration or management of the contract over the last 6 years and denial of public access. I am sure that someone would be responsible for allowing this to go on for so long.

If you want to send a letter to the ODNR people that are in charge of this, PM me and I will send you their email. It would be great if they heard from more than myself and a handful of locals with the courage to ask them why its not being fixed.

cdowns 08-22-2011 03:54 PM

Signed.......108
:drink:

JKKJ 08-22-2011 08:05 PM

Another signature.

Randy Nielsen 08-22-2011 08:17 PM

# 112

Kenthegreenkeeper 08-22-2011 08:29 PM

#113.

I may drag the boat :boat: over sometime and check it out in person.

Dr Ralphy 08-22-2011 08:45 PM

#13 is a retired Ohio Citizen who was in the Military during Vietnam. He drove his pontoon boat up to this facility to pick up his daughter who had parked in the public parking lot. He drove up to the main dock walkway and stopped to let her step across. He did not touch or tie up to the dock for fear of trouble. He got trouble anyway, one of the officers of the club came down the dock and told him not to come back and that he was not welcome.

Dr Ralphy 08-22-2011 08:54 PM

#51 has worked for the Army for over 15 years. He served during the Gulf war and was away from his family for years. In a meeting last May he was told by the sailboat club executive committee that they did not want him there because they did not want to have to pay for his toilet paper and trash collection. This is a clear violation of the contract terms to keep the facility open to the public. The ODNR was present at this meeting. The ODNR has taken no action to fix this.

Dr Ralphy 08-22-2011 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Kenthegreenkeeper (Post 3485877)
#113.

I may drag the boat :boat: over sometime and check it out in person.

I will give you a tour and cook you something nice on the grill.

HaulinGas 08-22-2011 09:03 PM

Wow crazy Chit!!

formula 382 sr-1 08-22-2011 09:19 PM

Done #118 !!!!! :drink: