Notices

JobbieNooner Hotels

Old 06-08-2002, 08:38 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default JobbieNooner Hotels

I am in the process of convincing my good friend and fellow OSO member Jpclear, to attend our first "JobbieNooner".
I proposed that I would pick up the tab on half the fuel and all of the hotel room costs if he brings the beautifully restored 1978 Martini complete with 540/TRS.
We would be traveling from western New York state ( Finger Lakes). What is the nearest town that would be the best to stay at with decent hotels?
It is imperative that I get support from past JobbieNooner graduates as to the importance that we attend. Boatchic, this could be your ride back to the Mainland!
:
Old 06-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey RLW, I'm a Jobbie, been doing the jobbienooner since 92, and if you guys want to come here you could stay at one of a hundred places, I cant think of any hotels that are on the water though. There are a few in downtown Mt Clemens that are 3-4 miles down the road to the launch, not the nicest place to stay, but to me that's just a spot to sleep anyway when I'm out having fun out of town. The night life there is definitely out of hand, which is a good thing, but there are 15 cool bars within walking distance from the hotel. It's like a holiday in or something but I've never been in it, but there are so many places to stay and so many variables to the equasion, I know you could just come out here, find a place when you get here that you like and just be sure to get to the ramp by 7:30-8:00am friday morning. I left at 8:00 last year and pulled up to the island at 10 after and almost all the good spots were already taken. I can provide alot of usefull info on the area though, and the waters around the island, where you want to park for the party, launches, cool spots to hang out at on the water, places to avoid in the lake. Let me know if your going to make it or not, it's a blast, just keep an eye on the jobbie nooner posts and make sure the local auth. dont try disbanding it from the island, but even if they do it will just move over to muscamoot bay which would be even better to me, and it's so close to gull island it's barely worth getting on plane for that trip.

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 06-08-2002 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-08-2002, 11:25 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rob, thanks for the information. Now, I've got to get to Jpclear's Lakeside Performance Center and work him over some more.
Thanks Again, Russ.
Old 06-08-2002, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys would have no problems at all if you just winged it. There a ton of places to stay around here, and I can find out the names of a few hotels I've got in mind depending on if you want an ok, decent or nice place to stay. I can swing by them and get some names and numbers of them. I drive thru the area every day on my way home, and we've still got till the 21'st. There is an apba race also saturday and sunday, out of metro beach so it will definitely be a good weekend to be in the Lake st clair area.